Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Exactly...it definitely makes Winston and Charlotte driving much easier. However, considering 75% of it's driving is hwy, it shouldn't matter. As I said in another thread, if I did it again, I'd probably go with the manual.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I got the sploder muddy. :D Now that I have 4x4, I know what I want. And I want shift on the fly; this electric bs is making me angry.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Isn't SOF electric?

Yea. Didn't word my complaint well enough. I'd rather SOF than the 'stop and put the suv in neutral, then pray it kicks in' :D

But manual would be just fine too!

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Put new rear springs on the bronco, swapped in a 3.00 pumpkin in the rear axle, pulled the front shaft and changed the speedo gear. Next up is to lift it but that can wait for another weekend.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looked at the leaking transfer case on the big truck....a seal is gonna be needed.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

racsan

4xford
replaced the bolts that go through the battery cable clamps, removed the rusty step-bars and front mud flaps. going to re-finish the step bars this spring. the front mud flaps i may trim down some and put back on. the dragging noise was bugging me when id be at low enough speeds for them to drag.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I relegated the Bronco to parked status. It was down right dagerous driving that thing to the Carolina Bronco's event, even minimizing highway time. Ball joints have needed to be replaced for a while now, the blown axle seal was covering my front disc with gear lube...it just wasn't pretty. The intake also needs to be re-sealed and the driver's side mani was warped when I put it on, so I think it's header time. Dad told me to '460 it' or sell it...and I might just do that. Depending on cash flow, I'm really trying to make a summer project out of the Bronco and turn it in to the trail/expedition rig I always intended.

I relegated the Bronco to parked status. It was down right dagerous driving that thing to the Carolina Bronco's event, even minimizing highway time. Ball joints have needed to be replaced for a while now, the blown axle seal was covering my front disc with gear lube...it just wasn't pretty. The intake also needs to be re-sealed and the driver's side mani was warped when I put it on, so I think it's header time. Dad told me to '460 it' or sell it...and I might just do that. Depending on cash flow, I'm really trying to make a summer project out of the Bronco and turn it in to the trail/expedition rig I always intended.

Wished more people took the care to fix their vehicles to have them safe on the roads. Tired off seeing bald tires and burning oil, bad brakes, lights that point to space, pieces of sheet metal flapping in the wind.... you get it. Gives us who have these old rides a bad name. smiliepeelout

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I agree, I was almost embarassed driving it...since it's gotten minimal drive time over the last 3 months (maybe 100 miles total) I just hadn't realized it was so bad, and letting it sit, just made it worse. Next time it moves, it will be in to my buddy's shop (less than 3 miles) so I can make her right. Should happens one weekend this month some time.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Fixed a problem with the choke today. Truck had been starting right up in the morning, but then the rpms would drop off and the engine would die. Took about 3-4 starts before engine would stay running.

Choke pulldown diaphragm was pulling the choke too far open when the engine was started so engine would die right after being started. Adjustment on pulldown solved the problem.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
With temps ranging between mid 80's and high 90's over the last month or so...all of my rigs have just sat. But I did find another 460 (guy I work with) to swap into Thunder for $450 with under 100k on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles