Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What have you done to your FORD today v2

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did you get your brake problem fixed?

Nope...but it still passed inspection. It stops, but I get alot of pedal fade. I'll use it sparingly, if at all until the brakes are up to par.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nothing better than a legal rig! What does your inspection consist of, Ben?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I didn't do it, but Ford fixed my windows (under warranty- I haven't seen the paperwork, but I believe I've got new tracks in both doors), and slapped an inspection sticker on it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Nothing better than a legal rig! What does your inspection consist of, Ben?

Anything 25 years or older (I believe, might be 30 years) is just brakes, lights, horn, no obnoxious leaks and tire tread. Anything newer gets that, plus sniffer and it gets plugged up...mom's sploder failed yesterday because of a clogged cat.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hmm. Sounds like California compared to these parts! smilietease

Sniffer for anything 25 or newer. That's it. No regulations for 25 older.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Ol' Bev is trying to make the state a little revenue via vehicle taxation and fees.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
750 got it's yearly safety as well as all fluids changed, full chassis lube, air dryer dessicant changed, tires rotated....good for another year.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Installed another Robert Shaw thermostat today. The other one was about 5 years old and stuck in the open position. It's nice to have heat in the cab again!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Pulled thermostat housing because it was leaking around gasket. One of the cutouts for the bolthole had gotten lodged between the gasket and housing. :headbang: Problem solved. Also tightened valve cover bolts. Bolts don't have lock washers. Should the valve cover bolts have lock washers?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I had to clean the battery terminals on my E350. It turned over a little slow this morning .
Started my F250 and let it run for 10-15 minutes. Carb was dry again. had to crank for ever, finally shot a little ether in the breather. I'm going to have to find out why thats happening , and fix it.

Ford Truck Articles