Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What do you all think?? value

I am thinking of buying this truck to save it. The motor was built up a bit (400) at 1 time but wiped out the lower end. Supposed to be all orig including the paint. I have not had the chance to see it in person now the questions
Price he is asking is $1500 & is firm
Factory camper shell?
do you all think it is worth buying & dropping a new motor in it & e-baying it?
if it is as good as it looks think it could pull 5-6K? I am kind of only working part time so I could use some money & it would be nice to see it go to someone who will love it.
John
3n43k33o35Y45O15V4acsd5a952f6cf98140a.jpg

3m33pa3o55Q15Z65R0acs9c88eefd128b1821.jpg

3n73k53lf5V55Z65U2acs5ee73f2679311be3.jpg

3k33p53la5O05Y15P4acsd1bce3e79c8a1d68.jpg

if you can find a cheap running motor or fix motor cheap and enjoy doing that kind of thing, I'd buy it, nice looking truck, although idc for the camper shell too much

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Truck looks nice, the price is okay. I wouldn't feel safe investing in it, though. It's a pretty rough place to be investing in these trucks right now.

Come and get my 460 for it.

$1500.00 is a great deal

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
NICE! Consider finding out exactly what's wrong with the motor. If it spun a main bearing or something like that, it might be worth investigating the cost of a rebuild on the original motor. Just a thought.

And Mil1ion--what's the haps on that motor of yours?!?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
if you can find a cheap running motor or fix motor cheap and enjoy doing that kind of thing, I'd buy it, nice looking truck, although idc for the camper shell too much
Gen-U-ine Ford Camper Shell, rare as hens teeth. Some people will pay a bundle for it, as it's very desirable.

When all is said and done...will this truck bring 5-6 grand in today's economy? What will the costs of the shipping charges be?

And...the OP is only going by what the seller claims inre to the engine...there could be a multitude of other sins. The $$$ add up quickly, so...it could end up being a money pit.

It's not all original, the chromy wheels are aftermarket and the tailgate is missing the XLT finish panels.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Everything about that trucks says 'buy it' to me. I bet you could part that thing out and get 3k for it. Get it running, and I think you're looking at soemwhere between 3-5k...just depends on if you get any northern bidders or someone wanting the accessories.

It runs well

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's a nice looking truck. I'd say get it. You should be able to make a little something on it if you can get an engine cheap enough . A 460 in there would be awesome.

I am definatly on the fence here. I knew the wheels were wrong but no real sin there to me. It is not an XLT from what I can see so might not have had the ford insert in the tailgate but then again might just bee missing ( I have several) I would hate to part it out but I know that would be a possible use for it but my goal would be to save it & make a few bucks on it. Will have to see if I get down there to see it & see what is really what. (to many liars out there)
John

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I am definatly on the fence here. I knew the wheels were wrong but no real sin there to me. It is not an XLT from what I can see so might not have had the ford inserts in the tailgate.
It has Race Track mouldings, only available on 1977/79 XLT's and 1978/79 Lariats.

These trucks came with two finish panels: D3TZ99425A34A Center with FORD letters & D3TZ99425A34B Upper w/Black painted insert.

btw: It's in AZ now, but how long has it been in AZ? Look on the Warranty Plate for the DSO code. If it's 75, it was ordered from the Phoenix Ford District Sales Office. If it's not 75....

Last edited:
That is weird. My bronco is a custom & it has the racetrack moldings. Also my friends old green truck was also a custom with racetrack moldings.

Hey, Bill's awake but he won't call like he said or answer my emails :(

dunc, your phone has been ringing :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is weird. My bronco is a custom & it has the racetrack moldings. Also my friends old green truck was also a custom with racetrack moldings.

Best guess is it's 30+ years old, alot can happen or change over that time. From what I hear, it was relatively popular to add the trim if your rig didn't have it. And I've also heard, if you knew the right people, just about any option could be added before it left the dealership...that's how my dad wound up with a 460 in one of his 79 Broncos before it ever left the lot.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts