Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Don't know much about my gears but I'm guessing mine doesn't have that......it tachs around 2200 rpms around 65-70 mph.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing your axle ratio is 3.50. Also those tall tires will effectively reduce the axle ratio. The 33" tires I use to have on my '78 reduced the axle ratio from 3.5 to 3.27, which lowered the rpms vs speed.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice!!! The young guy explaining the truck is a nice touch!

I thought that was cool to Andy.....he was saying "Black Truck" along with a bunch of other baby talk! :) Super cute! The reason why the video was a tad shakey was because I was carrying him and filming at the same time.

Also, sorry for the double post.....I was trying to post a video in the thread without it taking you to photobucket or another webpage....not sure how to do that.

I'm guessing your axle ratio is 3.50. Also those tall tires will effectively reduce the axle ratio. The 33" tires I use to have on my '78 reduced the axle ratio from 3.5 to 3.27, which lowered the rpms vs speed.

Thanks Doug.....I forgot that the big tires (36's on the 77 and 37's on the 79) makes a difference when it comes to revolutions for sure.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had driven my Dent to work today, and while at it I had turned a few heads and popped a few eyes, even someone driving a 58 or 59 Chevrolet Apache four wheel drive pickup that even made my head turn and eyes pop, while we both were sitting at a traffic light, kind of like Counting Cars. It was totally bad ass awesome with two bad ass trucks side by side at a traffic light, that Chevy, and my Dent, how much more cooler than that can you get? Now that's what I call therapy Counting Cars style. Ah a little eye candy on the way to work.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I had driven my Dent to work today, and while at it I had turned a few heads and popped a few eyes, even someone driving a 58 or 59 Chevrolet Apache four wheel drive pickup that even made my head turn and eyes pop, while we both were sitting at a traffic light, kind of like Counting Cars. It was totally bad ass awesome with two bad ass trucks side by side at a traffic light, that Chevy, and my Dent, how much more cooler than that can you get? Now that's what I call therapy Counting Cars style. Ah a little eye candy on the way to work.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

That is a cool scene! smilieFordlogo

That is a cool scene! smilieFordlogo

smilieIagree

I seen a nice dent when I went up to the hill.Its a 4x4 shorty.
Next time I go,I will take a pic if its still there.
First time I seen it about 2 yrs ago,but went up there last month,
an was suprised it was still there.
I should stop an see if its for sale.I dont think it runs,the drive shaft
was sticking up out of the bed.
I will get a pic of it next time I go..:)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You know me and pictures.....hard not to like this scene every time I step outside!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Love seeing the two different generations side by side! Both black....I'm getting new wheels and tires for the KR, so it'll be closer to height with the 79 when that happens this fall; it's only going to give it 2-3 more inches of height.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Another cool scene there Ken! Should have had both Dents and the King Ranch all together, it would have been cooler then. I drove my Dent to work this weekend because needed to put gas in it, and I also turned a few heads too.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Another cool scene there Ken! Should have had both Dents and the King Ranch all together, it would have been cooler then. I drove my Dent to work this weekend because needed to put gas in it, and I also turned a few heads too.
Nice.....yeah....I have some shots of all three of them together I took a while back....pretty cool!

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just got back from running into town for a quick couple of errands......took the 79 and man, that felt good. It's 59 out and absolutely beautiful.....had the windows down; no ac.....stereo going....I'm not sure which truck runs better, the 77, 79, or the KR......I feel super blessed right now.

I had to run to see a client in town yesterday and took the 77 and driving the 79 today gives you a different feeling/look just because both have distinctly different styles. I think that'll be good for the boys as they get older.....man, I'm really getting the itch to own a crew dent now!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Just got back from running into town for a quick couple of errands......took the 79 and man, that felt good. It's 59 out and absolutely beautiful.....had the windows down; no ac.....stereo going....I'm not sure which truck runs better, the 77, 79, or the KR......I feel super blessed right now.

I had to run to see a client in town yesterday and took the 77 and driving the 79 today gives you a different feeling/look just because both have distinctly different styles. I think that'll be good for the boys as they get older.....man, I'm really getting the itch to own a crew dent now!

Glad you're getting some drive time. My truck runs really well in cool, damp weather, also.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Glad you're getting some drive time. My truck runs really well in cool, damp weather, also.

Thanks Doug! While I was THINKING about selling the dents, it really hit me that I'd miss them terribly.....with as little miles as I put on them throughout the years, with a little bit of maintenance here and there (oil changes, flushes, ?), there's no reason these things will be running as good as they are 15 years from now....both rigs went through complete engine rebuilds; the 77 more so with the racing engine shop in Seattle.

But as I drive these things, my heart is massively yearning for a crew dent to have as a daily driver (even in the winter) where I can take the entire family!

I'll keep looking and when it's time to get another company truck (not sure when that'll be as the KR looks like it'll last forever)......but in the next year or two or three, I'd like to have a crew cab dent (restored daily driver) as my company truck and maybe keep the KR as a personal vehicle for the wifey or other uses or even consider selling it.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Good to hear. I will keep my eye open on this end of the country.

Thanks Doug...as you know, especially for something like this, I'd fly just about anywhere in North America (except Mexico maybe :) ).

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Was able to take the 79 out on the road to 65-70 mph.....felt pretty good to stretch its legs for the first time all year.....went to an early breakfast with a buddy of mine and we decided to take the 79.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts