Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the water pump with a high-flow flowkooler water pump. Also replaced the heater hoses and upper radiator hose. I couldn't find a lower radiator hose for a radiator with a 4" tank at the local parts store. I couldn't find a local supplier within an 80 mile radius that had one in stock. So now, I'm waiting on UPS to deliver one.

I will update with the results of the high flow water pump later.(seems to be controversial).

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Look forward to hear the results. No one usually has parts for these old trucks around my area either. Usually though, I can get what I need from the parts stores the next day, but when you are in the middle of a project, it sucks having to wait.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thanks, Buck! I had everything already torn down, in anticipation of getting the parts the same day.......:headbang:

How is your supercab doing, Buck?

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks, Buck! I had everything already torn down, in anticipation of getting the parts the same day.......:headbang:

How is your supercab doing, Buck?

Right now the supercab is sitting for the winter. I have a golf cart project I am working on right now for this summer at the campground we stay at so I stored the supercab at a friends house outside. It's a pain with 2 vehicles sitting outside when it snows. I need an acreage:)

I need to work on it a bit. The new copper radiator I bought a year ago is leaking. I would like to put new exhaust, new intake and new distributor on it. I need to check out the water pump as well.

My 77 is still in storage down in Nebraska. I am still dealing with a rear main seal leak in it. Replaced the seal 3 times with no luck. I may have to pull the engine to fix it. With gas cheaper, I am gonna try and get it up here in a month or so. Hope gas prices hold out. It really hasn't seen light of day for over 2 years and I am getting impatient to have it back.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Not good, Buck. Those dents are meant to be driven. :D

Got tired of waiting for UPS. (Snow is on it's way) Traveled 130 miles to get one from the NAPA dealer. Got everything installed and buttoned up. No leaks. :D I will report the results of the high-flow pump after it warms up, like July. :D

keithgonzales

keithgonzales
reworking a dentside welding truck

Hi all. have been reading what everyone is doing with thier trucks and figured I would join in and post about my project. It is a 73 350 cab and chassis that I want to make a workable toy with. I moved the rear axle back 18" and put 4 link live air ride to. Dropping a TM 400 with a C6 with gear vendors unit on back.Totally reworked the interior and moved all switches to toggle switches. I am now working on the back end so as to get ready for paint. I will try to post a drawing of what I am going for.

Was last weekend,not today....
I had to pull my front,tire and,go get some air in it it was almost off the bead from all the weight of the truck rolling,over it... she aired up nice theough it back on and through a block,underthe ace just in case it goesflat again... if,it,does im taking it in to see why..

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Took it for a long drive........I should have stayed home.

The cruise control servo mounting bolts BOTH disappeared, which pulled the chain all the way back, which opened the throttle all the way, which caused the engine to go to 3 million rpm when put in neutral.

Then I switched tanks because the other tank was getting low. Everything thing was fine until I tried to pass a semi on a 7% grade and the engine died. I got the WTH hell look from the driver, and pulled back in behind him. The wire to the solenoid for switching the tanks came off, which ran me out of gas.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana

The cruise control servo mounting bolts BOTH disappeared, which pulled the chain all the way back, which opened the throttle all the way, which caused the engine to go to 3 million rpm when put in neutral.

Then I switched tanks because the other tank was getting low. Everything thing was fine until I tried to pass a semi on a 7% grade and the engine died. I got the WTH hell look from the driver, and pulled back in behind him. The wire to the solenoid for switching the tanks came off, which ran me out of gas.

Sounds like a good time :D Gotta be ready for the element of surprise driving old vehicles

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I uncovered and found my truck so I pulled it out of the garage today.
A little picture whoring is in order. This is just before I rinsed it off.

There's a few dents on here that I'll NEVER get tired of looking at and yours is one of them....beautiful.....going to be tough to get rid of mine if I do.....especially now that I've been thinking about it.

Thanks Ken. I noticed two things yesterday when I had it running.
It's not showing a charge, so I'll have to check the alternator, etc.
And there's a little hole in the exhaust at a connection, that I should be able to braze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts