Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What bucket seats will fit a 73-79?

I found a local seller with a 40/20/40 split from a 96 F250 for sale pretty cheap. I'm thinking of picking them up to put in my highboy, but I was wondering what other guys have done. I've searched and found some info, but I guess I'm wondering if there is more of you guys out there...

For inspiration....pics of what you have would be great!

You can always make them fit....

So very true! But...I'm limited...I don't have a welder, and I have basic tools like an angle/bench grinder and basic air tools. I can drill holes no problem! I'm just hoping they will sit on the cab floor OK without modding, and I don't want a set of seats sitting around I can't use.

how cheap and how clean?

for the right price, they're worth buying and setting in there. if it doesn't work out, sell them again. they are a hot item around here

I could get them for $100 or less depending on how bad he wants to get rid of them. They look clean, and he told me no rips or tears.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I think it'll work. I have a 93-or so bench seat in my 79. All that I had to do was swap the 79 rails onto the newer seat, that's it!

Everything lines up, no drilling welding, or fabbing of any kind.

F150

easy
I think it'll work. I have a 93-or so bench seat in my 79. All that I had to do was swap the 79 rails onto the newer seat, that's it!

Everything lines up, no drilling welding, or fabbing of any kind.

agreed. I put Grand Prix seats in a Mustang using this method.....

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yeah all you have to do is swap the rails. and if you dont like the bench seat turn around and resell them like tomtoc said. they are a very wanted item. just make sure you keep the original rails to put back on there just incase the buyer wants them or needs them.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I wanna say if I remember right...96 was the last year that will fiit without some modding.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Not to get uber technical but 97 F250 (OBS), and F350 will work too.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts