Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What application used a 16.5x9.5" rim?

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
I seen a WTB ad for some rims, thought HOLY COW thems some big honkin factory rims. I dont think I have seen rims that wide. What came with rims that big?

Thread here.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=764837

2-22-09007.jpg

2-22-09009.jpg

here's a set from CL in Ohio
"QTY-4 9.5X16.5 Goodyear Workhorse mud/snow tires mounted on 8 lug stock steel chevy rims. 14/32 tread left. Great tires for mud or snow. Rims are rusty, but I do have all hubcaps (dogdishes) Contact at [email protected] More pictures available upon request. $300 or best offer. Money talks."

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I could be totally off on this... Isn't a wider rim like that used on super camper specials?

Well didn't 2wd f350's come with duel wheel replacement tires, which were extremely wide rears? My dads 77 f350 had them, I have a worn out set of the tires behind the shop

They came in a dually version but I can guarantee those rims would be not be 9.75" wide. If anything they were probably 6" wide rims.

Ill try to get a pic of the tires later, but they were sitting on stock rims and they were really wide

I remember an old Ford my grandpa had but don't remember if it was a 350 or 250 but did have 8-lug wheels. Anyway it had the big rims and tires on the back from the factory I am gessing but they had to be at least an 8-in wide wheel. It had the dog dish hub caps, Grandpa didn't change things like that. We lived in MN at the time and he had bought the truck new in '69 so they had to of come from the dealer that way. I don't know if they came from the factory but they come that way from the dealer.

The 9.75-16.5 rim with 12-16.5 tire was optional for the F-350 Super Camper/Camper Special on the rear axle. My first two F-350 CS's did not have this option and had the 6.75-16.5 rims all around. My lastest one still has the factory rims with the larger 9.75-16.5 ones at the rear.

That makes sense, because ive also seen them without it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts