Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What A Job!!!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Well my oil pan rusted out the other week so I brought the truck into auto to change it. OOOMMGGG what a HUGE JOB!! I had to rip the WHOLE upper intake off and the exhaust off and the oil pump and pick up tube! If you ever have to change it give yourself plenty of time!! All in all the job is a huge #$%&@*! lol

surprised you didnt have to lift the motor

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
surprised you didnt have to lift the motor

x2...I've heard of guys using floor jacks to get some extra clearance and shimmy it out...but then sometimes you end up with crushed parts.

Glad you got the job done though...it's one of those you'd rather pay a buddy off with a couple cases of beer...haha.

according to ford, the upper intake needs to come off, oil cooler line disconected (if auto trans).. lift engine, support trans and remove crosmember..

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
ya i had to lift the motor!! but i didnt have to remove the trans crossmember insted i just unbolted the oil pump and pick-up tube to give myself the extra clearance i needed..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts