Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

well this is a good one

a buddy or mine was telling me that he hurd of some one that stole a 95 f350 turbo diesel and to the truck out to some remote place were he painted it a diff color and to the dash vin plate off his 93 f150 and put into the 350 aswell as scrped and panited the door jams and chager the 350 bages to the f-150 bages............so what you guys think how longs it going to take em to get busted

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How many people know the difference?
Really of all the people out there, who can look at a truck and say its a 350 and not a 150

Very few...very very few...and even then you can easily make up some story about how you swapped axles/suspension/and possibly drivetrain.

How many people know the difference?
Really of all the people out there, who can look at a truck and say its a 350 and not a 150

Well I could.. and I'm sure most of the guys here and on other truck sites could, but the rest of the general public wouldn't know a minivan from a M35 if it ran them over!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Would be hard to know at all for the most part. I used to piece together trucks a all time. Here frames,cabs ,bed , rust out and swap new/different ones.
The only issue may be door jamb sticker . I know you can't even read mine. Or they actually look at number on engine like that would happen . And those r swapped also .

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
Yea with these genration trucks they all look the same, same body panels not much difference, theres a chance he could never get caught. That sucks for who evers tuck it was

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I could tell if its swapped and such, skan ur truck is too girly to be a F350, people just ask caus these used to F350s being crew cabs. My buddy builds dune buggies outta VW Bugs and uses diff frames and has vins for other bugs, and swaps em and what not.

Its usually the cute stuff that gets em caught. Attaching the VIN plate wrong, using glue instead of rivets, attaching it crooked, etc.

Hopefully not to long. In a random traffic stop here the cops just check the windshield VIN but if the vehicle looks different than it should(F150 titled F350 dually appearing) they take a very close look.

I hope the cowardly thief gets busted by the owner of the stolen truck, and then gets a couple of his parts rearranged and can't be recognized when they find him! I HATE thieves!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
WORLDRECORDSIZETRUFFCAKES!
Boom shacka-lacka

Damn you're amped up today. You musta started out your morning jazzercizing to Richard Simmons, huh?

I'm hoping he gets caught immediately -I hate thieves-if it was a truck with no title or an issue like that -I'd say go for it -stealing the truck bad karma :(

considering its badged as a F150, and has a PSD in it, it wont take long, thats gunna be fishy to whom ever...

not to mention im sure the actual owner of it knows some distinguishing characters of the truck, such as something inside, etc etc..

wont take long at all, have fun at Inspection I hate thieves as well

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I hope the cowardly thief gets busted by the owner of the stolen truck, and then gets a couple of his parts rearranged and can't be recognized when they find him! I HATE thieves!!!

I'm hoping he gets caught immediately -I hate thieves-if it was a truck with no title or an issue like that -I'd say go for it -stealing the truck bad karma :(

hope he lands his sorry arze in the crowbar hotel!!!

stolen truck + random traffic stop, inspection, etc= epic fail...

Ford Truck Articles