Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well replaced the oil pressure sending unit today.

I get paid on friday so im thinking of doing a look over of everything. getting a tps, some plugs, maybe a trans flush and new gasket and filter (the gasket leaks) anything else need some opinions of what to look for. Im trying to do this truck right. it runs like a raped ape the only thing i have noticed minus a crunching in the front end when pulling out with the wheels turned( no idea what it could be) is the seems to be some sort of dead spot in the throttle somewhere im hoping the tps will correct it? im not exactly sure. but if i push the the throttle done a little bit it will drop in rpms. Also my temp gauge barely works i know there is another sensor that could cause that just dont remember what its called. Sorry for rambling. just want some pointers on what to look for when replacing somethings and what to look for if somethings broken. Responses greatly appreciated.:flag:

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
If it was me..I would be looking for the crunching noise in the front end.Raise & support the front on jackstands with the tires off the ground.unlock the steering,grab one of the front wheels and turn lock to lock and look for play and possible noise,( Ball Joints were an issue with these rigs) check wheel bearings also.take a pry bar and look for up & down play in ball joints or grab hold of the tire and see(grab hold at the top & bottom of the wheel and try to move it in & out,up & down there should be no play),tie rod ends you can usually grab hold of and see if there is up & down play,they will swivel but should not move up or down.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Crunching noise would be my top priority as well. As for the trans flush...I'd simply replace the fluid and filter. For a 15 year old rig, you don't know what kinda crud is gonna break loose causing more headaches.

If the hubs are locked or automatic and you turn the wheels as far as possible the u-joints at the front spindle are being damaged thats the loud noise your most likely hearing without being there to hear for myself. just a thought.

see with the crunching i only notice it sometimes? i dont always here it. how hard are ball joind and u-joints? never had to do them in a truck before. i am deffinetly concerned with the crunching just dont know where to start

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts