Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well, I killed it.

primetime

sawmill slave
Well, in addition to it`s mains rattling, the big 351 lost oil pressure tonight.

So much for that $200 jy engine that "runs good". :hammer:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
At least it was only $200. Will you be getting a reman or another junkyard engine.

man sorry to hear that
was pretty cheap for an engine though

primetime

sawmill slave
At least it was only $200. Will you be getting a reman or another junkyard engine.

Well, I`m undecided right yet. They`ve got a 96 with a 100 thou that "runs good" for $400. Really??

It`s probably going to be rebuilt though. I have some GT40p heads, order up an overhaul kit, an Isky cam and go from there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If jy engines are running $400 in your area...what are good runners on CL or the local boards running??? In my experience, the JY engines are a crapshoot on runners or not and are about half price of good runners from a private party.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, I`m undecided right yet. They`ve got a 96 with a 100 thou that "runs good" for $400. Really??

It`s probably going to be rebuilt though. I have some GT40p heads, order up an overhaul kit, an Isky cam and go from there.

'Member, those P heads take a different header/manifold than the regular Windsor heads...

Last edited:
If jy engines are running $400 in your area...what are good runners on CL or the local boards running??? In my experience, the JY engines are a crapshoot on runners or not and are about half price of good runners from a private party.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

primetime

sawmill slave
If jy engines are running $400 in your area...what are good runners on CL or the local boards running???

About $500. When and if they show up. I haven`t checked in the last couple days, but the last time I saw one that`s what it was.

primetime

sawmill slave
'Member, those P heads take a different header/manifold than the regular Windsor heads...

Yep. It LOOKS like my Flowtechs will clear. There appears to be alot of room around #5 and 6. It`s kind of a crap shoot. Some clear, some don`t.

After much thought, I`m just going to throw a jy engine at it. This truck needs to be back on the road asap. I plow 5 other drives besides mine, some of whom are on limited incomes and have a hard time getting people to plow because I guess they don`t want to wait on money.

I called the jy in town today. They crushed the 96 last week.:headbang: Called another one, they said they`ll let me know tomorrow.

I did drop off my extra trans, rebuild and shift kit at the local shop, so that`ll be ready to go in.

Worst case scenario I pull and change the oil pump, crank, bearings and ring, stab a cam in it and slam it together.

Ford Truck Articles