Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Warranty on Factory Battery

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I know this has been discussed before, but i cannot remember or find the answer.

What is the warranty on the Ford factory installed batteries, is it 3/36? Also are they prorated when they fail?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I know this has been discussed before, but i cannot remember or find the answer.

What is the warranty on the Ford factory installed batteries, is it 3/36? Also are they prorated when they fail?

Im pretty sure it 3/36 BUT it needs to be tested with our fancey shmancy battery tester to get it covered.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Thanks Dave, that is what i was thinking as well. I am under on months but over on mileage, and dealer wanted alot of money for two new batteries and said nothing about prorate.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Anytime, I think we get 79.95 per battery here...

Dave it sounds like your dealer has them price right, my dealer wanted 109.99 each plus 20 install while they where already working on my truck.

I buy alot of batteries living in the desert SW and since we own 6 vehicles and 16 tractors. I bought 36/100 month 850 CCA batteries for 74.99 each from my battery supplier since the dealer seemed to have gold plated 750 CCA batteries. Also my battery supplier never questions me when i bring a bad battery in and set it on the counter, as they know i have a load tester, so they just swap them out.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Dave it sounds like your dealer has them price right, my dealer wanted 109.99 each plus 20 install while they where already working on my truck.

I buy alot of batteries living in the desert SW and since we own 6 vehicles and 16 tractors. I bought 36/100 month 850 CCA batteries for 74.99 each from my battery supplier since the dealer seemed to have gold plated 750 CCA batteries. Also my battery supplier never questions me when i bring a bad battery in and set it on the counter, as they know i have a load tester, so they just swap them out.

Sounds like that dealer is robbing you. Don't blame you for getting them elsewhere...

Ford Truck Articles