Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

***Wanted/Selling dent/bump parts***

Wanted: supercab body parts!

Hey guys. I'm looking for a couple parts to fix my 1979 ford truck after the accident. I am either looking for a parts or driver truck with a good drivers side super cab corner and and near perfect styleside bed with twin tanks. I am also willing to buy a super cab and a bed separately. or the cab part cut out of a cab. whatever you got, Let me know! I'm in Washington but I am willing to travel for the right truck or parts. Due to the condition of the truck to return it to it's former glory. I need to find a near perfect bed with NO rust and Minimal Dents on the inside of the bed. any leads would be appreciated. thanks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey guys. I'm looking for a couple parts to fix my 1979 ford truck after the accident. I am either looking for a parts or driver truck with a good drivers side super cab corner and and near perfect styleside bed with twin tanks. I am also willing to buy a super cab and a bed separately. or the cab part cut out of a cab. whatever you got, Let me know! I'm in Washington but I am willing to travel for the right truck or parts. Due to the condition of the truck to return it to it's former glory. I need to find a near perfect bed with NO rust and Minimal Dents on the inside of the bed. any leads would be appreciated. thanks.

Are you willing to deal with shipping? If so, it should only be about $1200 from my area to yours...and I know of a great driving SC for 2k...and I'd be willing to be the go between if you're interested.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It doesn't sound like he is selling the whole truck. are there not a lot of guys parting these trucks out? Around my area The 67-72 chevy trucks are really popular. I have a 1972 k5 blazer and we have a few local guys that part those trucks out constantly and make good money at it. I am wondering if there is anyone that does that. if not i see a niche....

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I shoulda elaborated on this a bit more. Most of em are 1 too good to part out such as yours or 2 too far gone to get much out of em to be worth the time and money to get the parts off em. I got one that falls into this category. I can get a few things off it but the cab is shot and would take more time and money to fix than its worth.

For anyone interested, I latched on to some side mirrors in mint condition last week.

I also got some (3) pretty good condition Hubcaps/Trim rings combo for a 16.5" wheel (F250) and a set of 4 for a 15" wheel.

I'll post photos on Thursday when it warms up

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
How is the drivers side cab corner between the
b pillar and the seam on the back of the cab
Off hand I'd say it looks good since I tried to take pictures of the worst stuff.

The brown stuff on the cab mount is greasy dirt. LOL :)
Power steering pump and/or gear pretty bad.
http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100cabmount.jpg

You see the rust in the air boxes, those are the only rusted-through spots
on the whole truck. The floor is rusty on the -inside- because of the original
rubber mat retained moisture and I got to wondering if he didn't go through
some deep water a few times with it too. He might have moved out of town
and had a wash to go through when it rained? {shrug}

http://www.panix.com/~alvinj/file12/F100-9inch.jpg

The cab is stripped inside and out (except for the chrome) and she's ready
for when the steel prices go up again. ;)
Or for when someone needs some parts.
Or for when someone needs the whole friggin cab. LOL :)

I don't know if I'll ever do it but thought about making a trailer out of the
bed, frame and axle.

I should sell off the front end to a bump-sider since it's got power steering
and disc brakes.

Alvin in AZ

Last edited:

still looking guys.....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm looking for
-a good Brown dash pad
-Black, brown or XLT of either door panels
-Bronco rear seat and brackets
-77 Bendix Control Valve
-A good straight hood
-A NOS or excellent OEM truck tailgate
-A NOS or excellent PS front 1/4 Panel
-77 NOS or excellent grille shell

If anyone has anything from this list or runs across anything on this list, lemme know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles