Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wanted:Explorer hood emblem you'd sell?

I'd like to have an explorer hood ornament for my 78. I just dont have the money to buy a brand new one or NoS. I'd like it to be in pretty good condition. if you have one, you can PM me. It can be blue, black or Explorer over the globe, it doesn't matter to me..thank you

EvansmilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's awesome Ronzi for helping a brother out.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's awesome Ronzi for helping a brother out.

He's good like that...helped me out with some door jamb switches and pigtails a few months back.

I used to do that ...give away parts and stuff at my expense.

Then one day I woke up and realized that I am living on the edge with a low income and I needed to get something ($$$) for what I had while being reasonable in asking price.

I never had to ask for money for my extra Explorer ornament...the guy on FTE just offered me $80 for it

I used to do that ...give away parts and stuff at my expense.

Then one day I woke up and realized that I am living on the edge with a low income and I needed to get something ($$$) for what I had while being reasonable in asking price.

I never had to ask for money for my extra Explorer ornament...the guy on FTE just offered me $80 for it

Wow, the guy must have had plenty of cash, I can't even afford a new one and I've seen new one's cheaper than that.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Wow, the guy must have had plenty of cash, I can't even afford a new one and I've seen new one's cheaper than that.

I've made the mistake of paying more then I should have on a part or two before.

He wanted an original one and was in MINT condition.
The reproduction ones sold for $80.00.

He wanted an original one and was in MINT condition.
The reproduction ones sold for $80.00.

oh ok, and ya i think we've all made the mistake of payin too much for a part we needed. and ok, around here, you can't even find them and if you do, they are in poor condition, i geuss the summer heat gets them. Ik many people will pay alot more for a Ford original part than new, even if it's not mint shape, I'm just not that picky lol.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

BKW

Ford Parts Guru

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
That is nice...but I have to call the seller on one small thing.

How is it "unopened" if the photo clearly shows the hood ornament out of the box?

I am forever telling people. "Terminology is Everything"

Some people still don't understand or even care.

Plus they are adamant to not admit they made a mistake.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I am forever telling people. "Correct [Ford] Terminology is Everything"

Some people don't even care.

Plus they are adamant to not admitting they made a mistake.
Fixed it for you...

Some people are clueless, some don't give a rats patootie and...another thing I've discovered after 15 years on the net is...

Most people in today's world that own these old rolling piles of misery aren't dyed-in-the-wool collectors, they're hobbyists.

Dyed-in-the-wool collectors (like you and I) have parts catalogs, shop manuals, sales brochures and myriad other literature, and are "up" on their Ford history.

Most hobbyists have ZILCH...even though more literature (and all the assorted Ford truck related history books) is available to the general public in today's world than there was "back then."

Some don't know diddly about the vehicles they have, and...Some are so clueless, the only reason they know it's a Ford...is...cuz it says so on the vehicle somewhere!

Give it up Dennis, it's not worth the aggravation getting riled up over this jazz. Mosta these people aren't gonna change, that's a fact.

And...if they all did, you and I would have nothing to do (and nothing to b!tch about! :)), but sit, eat, read, and/or listen to music and/or watch the telly.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles