Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wanna race? Ford revisits Mustang Cobra Jet

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Now, where's that 100 large I had laying around???

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/09/ford-racing-officially-announces-the-2012-mustang-cobra-jet/

2012-mustang-cobra-jet.jpg

And if straight lines aren't your thing, check out the newly released Boss 302S.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/09/ford-racing-unveils-mustang-boss-302s-race-car/

mustang-boss-302s-01.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I didn't design the car, Bradford. smilietease

Sorry if I came off harsh, but sheesh!!! Oh and 'wtf' is that on the front bumper??? It's a built in joke for the 'Stang haters to say it's a place to put the tow chain after you smoke an engine trying to beat a Camaro!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Sorry if I came off harsh, but sheesh!!! Oh and 'wtf' is that on the front bumper??? It's a built in joke for the 'Stang haters to say it's a place to put the tow chain after you smoke an engine trying to beat a Camaro!

I keed, I keed.

As for the front deal... I think that it could be for a tow winch to pull it into a trailer?

OK Austin, I was eatin' it up till I saw that gawd awful ricer wing......Does it have fart cans too?

mustang-boss-302s-01.jpg

I'm pretty sure the purpose is to be a factory racer, and many race classes require a front tow hook. As for the wing it isn't there for styling it's there to give it much needed down force slower=faster.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Looks like its set up for trans-am type racing.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If someone gave me the keys to either of those...I wouldn't turn them down.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
the front thing yall are talkin about is an adjustable front spoiler. it helps keep down force on the front tires to keep control in hard corning at high speed and to keep it from floating at top speeds. nascar has them on their cars

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
the front thing yall are talkin about is an adjustable front spoiler. it helps keep down force on the front tires to keep control in hard corning at high speed and to keep it from floating at top speeds. nascar has them on their cars

Not what we're talking about... smilietease

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Did anybody read the article for the cobra jet?
8.5 certified cage?
Ooptional 4.0l ford racing whipple supercharger?

Ford ain't playin around are they?

I wowonder how the cobrajet stacks up against the super snake?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Pretty sure they were talking about the shackle and not the air splitter/spoiler.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts