Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

VW scandal and the power of yerman engineering!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Wow........they fess up to deceit about their diesel cars falsifying emissions and not actually meeting them. Stock price plunges 31% in two days....$26Billion. Potential $18Billion fine on the table (I hope it happens too, every penny of it).

From the story..."Volkswagen says that an internal investigation has revealed that 11 million of its vehicles sold worldwide are fitted with the same software designed to trick emissions-testing equipment as the 500,000 vehicles involved in an emerging scandal in the United States." Also in the video...."the software allowed the cars to drive more powerfully on the road while emitting as much as 40X the pollution limit".

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015...ed-with-emissions-test-beating/?intcmp=hplnws

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I dunno why this guy keeps coming to mind...

ctrp_0801_01_z%2Bsmokey_yunick%2B.jpg

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
This is hilarious, and I'm not even irritated about it. On the flip side, it's illustrative that if the government keeps putting layer after layer of requirements, the makers will do everything they can to "beat" it.

Ryan

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I'm wondering how the customers are going to like "the power of German engineering" after the dealer reflashes the PCM and takes some of it away. Less power = less fahrvergnügen = maybe less MPG = customer paid for a car that doesn't do what it was sold as being able to do. We all know what this can mean. Now that's das Auto!

***Back about 2001 or 2002, either Hundayi or Kia got caught for selling cars advertised as having more HP than they actually delivered. They got of light, all they did was extend the warranty a bit. Watch this play out the same.

Last edited:

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Seriously, aren't the VW bugs for wimmen, elder hippies or flamming faggots?

I do believe that Hitler actually preferred Mercedes (ie, he was "royalty"). Given that Hitler was involved with the implementation of VW, surely he would prefer a VW in everyone elses driveway. IMO, the German rides today bring up thoughts of Hitlers war chest and WWII. For example BMW.........that emblem with the blue and white. That emblem stands for water and air. They made engines used in Hitlers WWII airplanes. In fact, I've read and seen pics of slave labor instilled in todays German auto plants building equipment for Hitlers war machine. They were Jews forced to wear swasticas, nonetheless.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I'm wondering how the customers are going to like "the power of German engineering" after the dealer reflashes the PCM and takes some of it away. Less power = less fahrvergnügen = maybe less MPG = customer paid for a car that doesn't do what it was sold as being able to do. We all know what this can mean. Now that's das Auto!

***Back about 2001 or 2002, either Hundayi or Kia got caught for selling cars advertised as having more HP than they actually delivered. They got of light, all they did was extend the warranty a bit. Watch this play out the same.

yup, they were saying the 2.0 litre made 140HP.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Buddy of mine and I were talking last night, looks like someone has initiated a class action lawsuit. Now at this point, I have to wonder if they can actually identify damages to sue for. PTSD and increased alcohol consumption in the evening because they are stressed out over this lol!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
i think theyre geniuses..

just really dumb geniuses....

Ha....pretty funny!

Buddy of mine and I were talking last night, looks like someone has initiated a class action lawsuit. Now at this point, I have to wonder if they can actually identify damages to sue for. PTSD and increased alcohol consumption in the evening because they are stressed out over this lol!

This doesn't surprise me......only the lawyers make out in this frivolous lawsuits!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Does global warming have anything to do with this thread.......or is it Bush's fault that these guys are frauds?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
btw, saw a really cool documentary about animal agriculture and global warming this past week on netflix:

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

The UN produced a report that said, "meat agriculture produces more greenhouse emissions that all of teh exhaust of ALL cars, trucks, trains, boats, and planes combined!" Even Al Gore's plane!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I've got a funny feeling that people who live in areas that have emissions testing and have a 'Vagen that is supposed to be reflashed, will be checked for it being done. No need for a sticker under the hood showing the reflash (too easy to falsify), do it by VIN and keep the data in a gov't server (but not Hillarys). Don't take the 'Vagen to the dealer again either, for anything, as dealers are known to sometimes, to flash without your consent and in this case, I bet if you put one of those caps over the OBD port that says "DO NOT FLASH", that they will anyway, lol.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Now BMW...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bmw...-also-failed-emissions-test-1.3241472?cmp=rss

How's this for all you yuppie, holier than thou import commies?

:p

This is great.

Since at this time it appears that these vehicles aren't going to pass Federal Emission standards, and with the list of vehicles having the potential to grow, it wouldn't take too much to refuse to renew the tag until the vehicle has been flashed. Make the 'Vagen company foot the bill for the required record keeping. Gotta wonder if they have the funds to make it through this.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Since at this time it appears that these vehicles aren't going to pass Federal Emission standards, and with the list of vehicles having the potential to grow, it wouldn't take too much to refuse to renew the tag until the vehicle has been flashed. Make the 'Vagen company foot the bill for the required record keeping. Gotta wonder if they have the funds to make it through this.

German government is the largest single shareholder, and they just passed Toyota as the largest manufacturer of passenger cars in the world, I don't think cash is a problem.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts