Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

vibration.....

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well i have had this vibration for a while now and ive done several things to hopefully fix it which none have. this includes rotating and balancing my tires brakes and rotors fronts and checking the u-joints..... and the vibration is still there. and its only when im accelerating. when im WOT its worse than when slowly accelerating... and it goes away once i get to a speed and cruise and i got to thinking....

motor mounts or tranny mount.. which would explain why its worse when WOT. if im wot the motor is gonna be torquing more and so will the tranny. so whats the easiest way to check for loose or broken mounts... are there any dead give aways....

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
just let the woman drive it, and never worry about it again...

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was just saying, she may not complain about the vibration.....

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
What has been done to the other 351?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
not real sure. we've only had it since october. and its still speed density so its not a real serious build. but its supposedly got 3.55 ls but i think its more like 4.56 ls. havent checked yet... but mine also has 230k on the motor.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
well i have had this vibration for a while now and ive done several things to hopefully fix it which none have. this includes rotating and balancing my tires brakes and rotors fronts and checking the u-joints..... and the vibration is still there. and its only when im accelerating. when im WOT its worse than when slowly accelerating... and it goes away once i get to a speed and cruise and i got to thinking....

motor mounts or tranny mount.. which would explain why its worse when WOT. if im wot the motor is gonna be torquing more and so will the tranny. so whats the easiest way to check for loose or broken mounts... are there any dead give aways....

Did the problem exist before you swapped rear-ends?

Big92F150

Tearin' down a dirt road
I have this same problem. it usually happens around 45 mph and up. when im on the gas or just cruising:headbang:

Ford Truck Articles