Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^I do like the interior theme though...kinda cool/unique. Just never been a fan of short boxes and dents without trim.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Oh, my lord. Did they fashion a radiator overflow tank out of a drinking canteen? I'm not sure if that's awesome or awful. I'll have to think about it for a while.

My first thought was that it was a canteen. :suspicious:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut TF is going on with his steering. That truck is pretty god awful. 2500, maybe...11k...dude is nuts. I hate it when a guy thinks paint and a bed liner means restored.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuut TF is going on with his steering. That truck is pretty god awful. 2500, maybe...11k...dude is nuts. I hate it when a guy thinks paint and a bed liner means restored.

I didn't think it was that bad....or $2500 bad.....the engine was rebuilt and the engine bay looks clean....even a $5k truck in my opinion will need some tinkering with, but that's why I check with you fellas first....I was thinking $5-6 if I was looking for a dd work truck.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I didn't think it was that bad....or $2500 bad.....the engine was rebuilt and the engine bay looks clean....even a $5k truck in my opinion will need some tinkering with, but that's why I check with you fellas first....I was thinking $5-6 if I was looking for a dd work truck.

If you do the work yourself a mild rebuild from carb to oil pan, you can have a 335 series done for under $2500...and that's touching everything. That engine looks to have been painted, but those plug wires, air cleaner and valve covers are definitely older than 15k. Then move to the interior and those God awful seats. The paint on that thing isn't much better...looks like they let a coked out chimpanzee mask off the break line. The way that gas spill is eating through the paint...thin single stage??? Then the steering...you want all those parts to be as parallel to the ground as possible...they're at a 30* angle. Looks like he's using a stock pitman arm on his lift. And holy spring bow batman.

I would classify that one as 'painting a turd'...and not even that well.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If you do the work yourself a mild rebuild from carb to oil pan, you can have a 335 series done for under $2500...and that's touching everything. That engine looks to have been painted, but those plug wires, air cleaner and valve covers are definitely older than 15k. Then move to the interior and those God awful seats. The paint on that thing isn't much better...looks like they let a coked out chimpanzee mask off the break line. The way that gas spill is eating through the paint...thin single stage??? Then the steering...you want all those parts to be as parallel to the ground as possible...they're at a 30* angle. Looks like he's using a stock pitman arm on his lift. And holy spring bow batman.

I would classify that one as 'painting a turd'...and not even that well.

Point well taken......this is why I would never buy anything without asking for your guys' input.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Point well taken......this is why I would never buy anything without asking for your guys' input.

I might be a little harsh...but that truck is just rubbing me the wrong way. If the guy had a realistic price on it, I'd consider it a fixer upper...but 11k, c'mon.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
11k for that? Thats ridculious.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Yes...those are wheel covers. I would love to have it but the wife already said no...lol

primetime

sawmill slave

It`s the stock steering linkage with no correction apparently. 73-75 half tons had what they call inverted t linkage, 76-77 had inverted y (think 80-96 style), and 78 went back to the t style.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You mean to tell me I've been doing restorations wrong?

Apparently...if this guy can swing 11k out of that truck...I'm finding all the beaters I can, spraying them with fresh paint, rolling on some bedliner and I'll be able to retire in a few months.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Apparently...if this guy can swing 11k out of that truck...I'm finding all the beaters I can, spraying them with fresh paint, rolling on some bedliner and I'll be able to retire in a few months.

I doubt he'll ever get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts