Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^ I wonder if this is another that the speedo was unhooked.

I don't know Mark.....the wear underneath looks like a 35 year old truck with very little use.....and price is reasonable.....a small lift, larger tires, (I think the green would have to go), and this could be a super truck for anyone's collection!!!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I don't know Mark.....the wear underneath looks like a 35 year old truck with very little use.....and price is reasonable.....a small lift, larger tires, (I think the green would have to go), and this could be a super truck for anyone's collection!!!

Little things like the door tag , looks like its been in salt water its so bad. And door panels faded.

I'm imagining this sitting next to my truck in my driveway, making a nice jade green matching set. And my life would be complete. :)
I've got to agree with you on that. I say go for it.

^ I wonder if this is another that the speedo was unhooked.

Probably has 109,800 on it. There is no way it is legite miles.

I'm imagining this sitting next to my truck in my driveway, making a nice jade green matching set. And my life would be complete. :)

Just some of the things that show the mileage exceeds 9800:

Broken passenger door panel, missing FORD letters and holes on tailgate, trim on rear carpet by seat, oversize screws holding dash cluster surround on, Incorrct data plate rivets, someone painted the rear window interior trim to bright white, new brake lines on rear axle, new motor, missing the top bolt cover trim.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Its still a nice bronco though. Id give him around 5 if it ran as good as it looked

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Probably has 109,800 on it. There is no way it is legite miles.

Just some of the things that show the mileage exceeds 9800:

Broken passenger door panel, missing FORD letters and holes on tailgate, trim on rear carpet by seat, oversize screws holding dash cluster surround on, Incorrct data plate rivets, someone painted the rear window interior trim to bright white, new brake lines on rear axle, new motor, missing the top bolt cover trim.

Agreed, it has some issues - but you caught way more of those than I did. I admit, a lot of what you caught went right by me.

Its still a nice bronco though. Id give him around 5 if it ran as good as it looked

I agree with this. I just think it would make a nice driver, and a driver is better when it's not perfect and you don't have to worry about putting the first mark on it.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
What about this one for the Baby?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

It's got everything we're looking for for specifics anyways in a dent....it's not as showy as our 77, but it's pretty darn close and a few engine dress ups and it won't be too far away: headers, intake, valve covers, chrome alternator, threaded hoses, wire covers, etc.

We're seriously considering this one depending on the cost.

What do you fellas think? The hood is off a little.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's a pretty sweet one there Ken. Only thing is, I don't see any underneath pics. I'd email the owner and see if he can send you some more pics of everything to see how it looks underneath.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That's a pretty sweet one there Ken. Only thing is, I don't see any underneath pics. I'd email the owner and see if he can send you some more pics of everything to see how it looks underneath.

You know were Ford Dent-KIN when I just sent the email asking the same exact thing! smilieFordlogo

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not bad... I don't care for the wheels, but that's only a personal preference. The power windows are a nice touch. Looks to have aftermarket door panels.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
So, with your guys' blessing, the wifey has given me the go ahead to pull the trigger on this one.....thanks Buck and Austin for the feed back so far.......as most of you know, since we bought the 77 over 3 years ago, we've wanted a twin so to speak to be able to pass down to both our boys and we've had some things that we just had to have in our dent:
-had to be 73-79
-AC
-auto
-p/s - p/b
-lift
-frame off (pretty much, there may have been some that were in really good shape that didn't need a frame off, but the frame off does really sell it for us as it was done to our 77)

This one is super close....not as showy in the engine bay or interior, but minor, minor issues that would be fun to upgrade WITH the kids as they got older....like a chrome alternator ($150?), or a polished intake, or threaded lines, aluminum radiator hose, chrome some of the brackets, etc!

Help me get this rig.....someone's going to get it....I know we have a few years, but price seems right and these trucks are only going to get more rare, plus we won't need to look any further.....btw, our little baby boy is our last.....planned anyways. :wasntme:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just spoke to the owner.....seems like a straight up individual....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts