Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Uh oops....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
NeXtras said:
LOL you still didnt answer me.. Turbo? or Supercharger?

HAHA Sorry yeah its an SC under the hood. Stage 4 ported from the TB to the intercooler.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I would love to turbo the truck...
Its "free" power, unlike a sc which robs power to make power..

LOL yeah but my SC only robs a little and I gained 240 HP so I can't complain! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Saw this on another site, Doc....

turbo20snail.gif

I figured it probably represents what you think of turbos...

I do have to say I do like the whole "no turbo lag" thing! LOL

I do have to say I do like the whole "no turbo lag" thing! LOL

Exactly, SC is INSTANT power, with a turbo, 99% of the time there is lag.. theres more things that can wrong with a turbo as well such as turbo seals etc.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Exactly, SC is INSTANT power, with a turbo, 99% of the time there is lag.. theres more things that can wrong with a turbo as well such as turbo seals etc.
Rods, pistons, block . . . . . . :wavey:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well there goes that block....

I think, only cause its dark and I can't see very well, but I think I blew a rod, or bent a rod, or cracked a head, but whatever it was WAS NOT GOOD!:waa:

I have oil all over the whole backside of the engine bay, firewall, trans, undercarriage, you name it. So I will go to pick her up tomorrow(had to leave her in a parking lot since I was taking the wife to work do to inclement weather) with the gooseneck trailer. Oh well guess I get to build the lower end after all!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

oh and Ian I am begining to doubt if it is worth it! LOL

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
That sucks.

Too late to turn back now...so the only option is to make sure that the end result is, in fact worth it. smiliepeelout

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Crappy news Doc...sorry to hear what happened.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah I thought something was up last night, at full throttle it bogged down so I took it to my tuner today and I took a few degrees timing out at load range to see if that helped since I was noticing a spark knock also.

No lag if its sized Right..

I think, only cause its dark and I can't see very well, but I think I blew a rod, or bent a rod, or cracked a head, but whatever it was WAS NOT GOOD!:waa:

I have oil all over the whole backside of the engine bay, firewall, trans, undercarriage, you name it. So I will go to pick her up tomorrow(had to leave her in a parking lot since I was taking the wife to work do to inclement weather) with the gooseneck trailer. Oh well guess I get to build the lower end after all!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So whatcha gonna build?? 5.4 stroker???? smiliestirthepot

No lag if its sized Right..

Correct, but that means a smaller turbo which = less power.

This is why on the 6.4L Diesel theres 2 turbos, back to back, small to big, smaller one spools faster and keeps the larger one spooled with limited if not no lag.

Sorry but I have to disagree..

There is Small= no power, Right= No lag, and Large= Lag.. jmo

I'll back my point up tomorrow.. Right now I have to go to bed 0330 comes early. lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts