Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

TWO Questions (so far)

Anyone know what the correct (original) wheel size was on a 1984 f150 Flareside?
i want to put back the original 15in. wheel and the little Dog Dish caps.
the truck has disc. brakes (may or may not matter?) 5 /5.5/6 inch wide?
Anyone able to de code this Buck Tag?
I have more questions but as i understand the rules i have a Two Questions maximum per post'hiding_smilie'
2i09b1d.jpg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I can't help with the buck tag, but you might look at your left door post for the vehicle certification label. It will show the tire/rim size.

I have an 84 parts truck here that was a short box styleside that shows the OEM tire size to be 195-75-15 and the rim is shown as 15x5.5

I also have an 82 parts truck that was a long box styleside and cert label shows tires size as 205-75-15 and rim size of 15x5.5

This squares with a measurement I took off an old stock rim from a half-ton that was 5.5" wide.

Last edited:
Tim...Thanks for your response I was thinking 5.5 wide but with the disc brakes i wasn't sure?
The Door Jamb de codes as it should ...this truck is all original except the dumb ass stereo (hack up the radio
bezel job) the truck hasn't been messed with. I just was interested in the Buck tag info just because it's still
with the truck.
I was thinking of running 235 75 15 tires because that is what is on the truck now and the speedo seems
accurate.
again thanks!

Ford Truck Articles