Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Transmision question

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
according to my Haynes manual 80-96 F100-350 you are correct.but appears to be behind the transmission crossmember & up.mine being a 79 250 is completely different.bolts through the side of the frame with 4 bolts. & to the transfer case with 3 & 1 long bolt through the center with a rubber bushing to join the mounts

Last edited:

BuzzGun79

looks like to use the 79 transfer case you would have to switchout or fabricate the perch.in 80 they went to an aluminum case {it has the perch mounting of your 85 frame & differs from the 79 model}other than that i dont see why it wouldnt work.

Last edited:
Cool

Thats good to know. Im not sure whats on mine. Ive got a small S type bracket on the drivers side held in with 2 bolts from the top of the frame. If Ive got tofab something thats fine tho. I get a chance this afternoon Ill take some pictures and post them up. Maybe that will help decipher some things

BuzzGun79

i see that you reside in Ohio Storm....not sure where Chesterville is.im in Dover 20 mi.south of the pro football HOF city of Canton.yep a pic of your setup may help me,help you..Bob

Ford Truck Articles