Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

trans swap

Hello i have a 2006 f 350 long bed four door with a 6.0l. I was wanting to do a trans swap from my auto i have now to a manual trans. was wondering how hard it is on the clutch end of the deal. and would it be something a guy could do in one weekend. if anyone can help me out that would be great. Tyler

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Hello i have a 2006 f 350 long bed four door with a 6.0l. I was wanting to do a trans swap from my auto i have now to a manual trans. was wondering how hard it is on the clutch end of the deal. and would it be something a guy could do in one weekend. if anyone can help me out that would be great. Tyler

You would also need to change some wiring and get a processor from a manual truck as well. I personally would stay with the auto as I feel it out performs the manual but thats just me.

yah i havent had any problems but jst seems like a manual would be nicer for all the hauling i do.. the one thing i dont like about the auto is when your pulling a good load and hit a hill it down shifts an d the rpms hit 3 to 4 grand i figured with a manual i could contol that better.

I don't think it would be work all the work to change over either. I don't believe that it would be a one wkend process, atleast it wouldn't be for me.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts