Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

trailer hitch

Hot damn Carl, isn't life a beeotch!!!

(as i grip my nuts with a pair of channel locks).
Your day might not go so bad if you didn't do that....

I'm just kiddin anyway carl...ask anyone around here. I got yer back... really I do:beer:

bobf100

I've got to agree with Brian about U-Haul. They refused to install a trailer hitch on my 98 Explorer last year. Said it was corporate policy - "they won't do anything with an explorer nor will they rent anything to be pulled by an explorer".

I should have learned but didn't.....went back again several weeks ago to see about a small trailer to pull my project truck's frame to the sandblaster. The project truck's frame weighs maybe 200 - 250 pounds and is 15 foot long 4 foot wide. They had a 14 foot trailer for $29.00 a day. Everything was a go until they learned I was going to pull with my 92 Ranger. Refused to rent me the trailer. Said their corporate policy is that my ranger was too small to pull a 14 foot trailer. I reminded them that I've had 3 times that weight in my ranger hauling top soil, mulch and the 289 - C4 engine combo that currently resides in my 56 F100. They didn't care and refused to rent. Said I could either rent one of their pickups to pull it with or rent a large box truck instead of the trailer. I told them to keep their damn trailer and they wouldn't see me again.

Holy crappola! How can they refuse to rent when your ranger is out of warranty? sheeesh. OK I rescind my endorsement of U-Maul.

In contrast, I had a '90 hyundai, brand new, and they installed a hitch on it AND rented me a 12' box trailer I pulled behind it!

Holy crappola! How can they refuse to rent when your ranger is out of warranty? sheeesh. OK I rescind my endorsement of U-Maul.

In contrast, I had a '90 hyundai, brand new, and they installed a hitch on it AND rented me a 12' box trailer I pulled behind it!
That mighta been before a lawyer dipped deep into their pockets...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts