Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

too lean???

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Mine cackles way worse. Duals with glasspacks on a 5.0. Just typical. Can change timing to get rid of it sometimes. But its normal

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
And too lil back pressure is a myth.. If you have a moderate size diameter exhaust and any type of cat or a muffler you'll have enough to not cause any issues

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Lack of back pressure does lean a rig out quite a bit. But your efi system will learn that very quickly and compensate so its a non issue. A carbed rig, especially smaller engines like atvs or motorcycles, you do need to richen it upand to compensate, in cars it is practically un noticeable. Lower back pressure also will give your more horse power for the cost of about the same amount of torque.

That is why you see some monster trucks with a collector and some without. Its preference really.

But like the previous post suggested, a normal sized exhaust pipe or any type of muffler will eliminate any issues.

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

And too lil back pressure is a myth..

Possibly on these EFI systems, I don't know.
But on a motor cycle, carb or EFI, if you open the air ways,
you have to give it gas. And it is apparent when rolling off the throttle and popping. Like these things.
It may be normal but why is it occurring?
I've also read, the cat's don't provide much back pressure.
I've heard straight 6's at the drag strip that sound great,
why is the V6 different?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts