Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

To Keep the 1994, or to tow the 1994?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
They were happy to drop the motor in for free, because it gave them something to attach to the transmission to. The way it was delivered to them was the transmission floating, being suspended by a tow strap (home boy!).

We were going to tow it home Friday, but the weather turned, so we are putting it off until Monday when the weather improves. The engine has a lot of cavities open and road salt water drops in my fresh engine sounds less than optimal.

So many thousands of dollars later, I have a sorta rusty 4 toned 1994 F150 with a killer fresh drivetrain. :rofl:

Hopefully we can get 'er running soon.

I'm placing a bounty for anyone who can find an under-engine wiring harness for a MAF F-series pickup 1994-1997 that has cruise control! $75 to anyone who spots one in a junkyard and ships it to me.

Ryan

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It will be that way for a while, I think. It's been parked so long, it will be exciting to get to drive it to work on Fridays and that sort of thing. It'll take a little more money to get it to pass the state safety inspection.

I have no recollection whatsoever on the condition of the brakes. When I parked it, the rear axle had some kind of ticking noise. The windshield has a crack that will not pass inspection. The headlights need to be replaced and cleared up.

On the non-critical side, the radio quit working. The sub woofer and amplifier booted fine, but the radio head unit was dead as a doornail. I'll have to find a cheap replacement or get one of those new units that don't even have a CD player, just AM/FM and an axillary port.

Ryan

It will be that way for a while, I think. It's been parked so long, it will be exciting to get to drive it to work on Fridays and that sort of thing. It'll take a little more money to get it to pass the state safety inspection.

I have no recollection whatsoever on the condition of the brakes. When I parked it, the rear axle had some kind of ticking noise. The windshield has a crack that will not pass inspection. The headlights need to be replaced and cleared up.

On the non-critical side, the radio quit working. The sub woofer and amplifier booted fine, but the radio head unit was dead as a doornail. I'll have to find a cheap replacement or get one of those new units that don't even have a CD player, just AM/FM and an axillary port.

Ryan

ah, I see. They got rid of the Gov. inspections over here back in the 80's, which I think was silly! Some pretty scary rides out on the roads now.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Nice picture. Ryan is smiling because Jr. just looked up and said, "Did you tighten that bolt to 30 ft/lbs, like the manual says?"

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
We towed it home last night and everything went smoothly. I used a tow strap behind the red 2005 F150. It was a little bit of a jerky ride, but not bad. On the plus side, she was rolling/steering well, so that makes me feel pretty good about the condition of the suspension.

Right as we took the last corner (the sharpest corner of them all) the tow strap rolled under my front passenger wheel, snapped, and we became disconnected. I had just enough inertia to park it exactly where I was intending to leave it. Hopefully soon I can wander to a junk yard and see if I can find a matching under hood wiring harness so I can get this project on the road.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts