Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Time for shocks

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Picked up a replacement set of shocks for the 750 today, I noticed a bit of slop in one of the rear ones at the bushing. Fronts are Motorcraft and rears were crossed to Monroe as the entire rear suspension is Hendrickson as are the shocks.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Didn't get far with the rears...lower bushing hole is way too small, going to have to see what's up on Monday.
Passenger front went smooth as silk...drivers side sucked....bolt frozen through bushing.
Much gnashing of teeth, sawzall, impact and torch involved.

DSCF3473.JPG

DSCF34741.JPG

DSCF34751.JPG

DSCF3477.JPG

DSCF34801.JPG

DSCF3482.JPG

DSCF3483.JPG

DSCF3484.JPG

DSCF3485.JPG

Last edited:

primetime

sawmill slave
I know you didn`t build it Duncan, but are those front blocks I see?smiliestirthepot 'hiding_smilie' :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yep...perfectly acceptable for that application :D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Didn't get far with the rears...lower bushing hole is way too small, going to have to see what's up on Monday.
Passenger front went smooth as silk...drivers side sucked....bolt frozen through bushing.
Much gnashing of teeth, sawzall, impact and torch involved.

DSCF34751.JPG

Are those shock mounts really that close to the ground? Oh, and your pumpkin is ok, too. :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Oh, I`m sure it is, but it just drips with irony when you have been conditioned to believe they are the devil.:)

I hear you..it seems they are quite common on large trucks at the front...and
trust me, I've never had axle hop!

Are those shock mounts really that close to the ground? Oh, and your pumpkin is ok, too. :D

That does seem low , especially for a 4wd truck. That mount should face up.

Angle of picture, they are low, but not that low. Also remember, they had no idea it was for a conversion application.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did the rears today as well as an oil change. I thought I knew every "descriptive" word in the English language.

Bushing jammed onto shock mount on passenger side....that took maybe 30 min.

Lower bolt frozen on drivers side.....grrrrrrr

DSCF3601.JPG

DSCF3602.JPG

DSCF3605.JPG

DSCF3606.JPG

DSCF3603.JPG

DSCF3607.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts