Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking ahead a few? years

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
At some point I would like to have all the bodywork done on the truck and have it repainted, probably after I retire(Thank you, 401k). A mild restoration was done in 1996, but no bodywork was done. The repaint just allowed the rust to fester above the wheel wells.

I have decided to repaint the truck black, which is it's current and original color, but I also want to put a green stripe somewhere down the side. It would be a thin stripe, since I don't want it to overpower the black. I've found the color of green I want. Green is nonnegotiable, since it will be in memory of someone, but I would like some ideas on placement and amount.

I've been looking for images on google, but haven't really found anything with a thin green stripe on a black dent.

See color below. Car is from the v8tv.com website, for proper credit.

images_11_.jpg

Thank you for any suggestions, comments about my heritage, etc. :D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I would get a good pinstriper to lay some ol school pinstiping around all the badging of the truck. Not overpowering but serious eye grabbers.

Good idea! I didn't think of that. It will have new badging, so that might work well.

me too. exactly what I was thinking.

Another idea.
On the trim in the dent, the black plastic piece. Paint the top and or bottom with the width of your choice. Wouldn't be so obvious that it jumps out at you but subtle and would reflect off the aluminum a bit. A couple bucks on some pinstripe tape to try it on and easily removed if you dont like.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see around the 'dent' from time to time. Or you could possibly possibly follow the tutone paint scheme and have green stripe like where mine are on red. Or just blow everything out of the water, and do an overhood explorer style thicker green stripe that runs the length of the truck...but bring it down to the rockers like a Boss 302 scheme...and could do a dedication/memorial in it along the rocker. Last one would probably be too much, but most $$$$$$ IMO.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The question here is - are you keeping the trim on the truck?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Pinstripe. Oooooorrrrrrrrr (not sure how well this will work) have the black part of the trim painted your green color. The problem resides in the rubber trim down the beltline, obviously.

Have a look at my truck.
green stripes...two widths. ..down different spots near the Indent.
my green is Emerald green

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts