Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about turning my dentside into a mud truck

Well some of the paint didnt turn out like i wanted it to the carpet aint going in and its ticking me off. So im thinking about just saying screw it and turning it into a mud truck or entering it in a demolition derby. Am i wrong for thinking this?. Have you ever thought about doing this to your truck?.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think turning it into a demolition derby truck would be a waste of a fine machine...much less the time and effort you put into. I understand what you're going through...it can down right piss you off if things aren't going as planned. I don't think turning it into a mud truck would be such a bad idea. I've never thought about doing either with Red...the Bronco was supposed to be a mud/trail rig...but it's had to pick up the slack lately and has been turned into the DD. But I've always wanted to turn a dent/Bronco into a serious mud machine.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Just chill. Go back to it when you're ready.

Problems often seem insurmountable at first. It'll come together and you'll be glad you stuck with it. YelloThumbUp

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I say walk away form it.
You know how many times I nearly unloaded a 75rd ak drum in to my truck...But I all ways walked away for a few days...
Trust me I've come close very close to it...

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I also agree about taking some time away from it and come back. I've almost walked away from my project a few times and just wanted to sell it and then just buy something that was already done. But, after some time away from the project, you recharge and get after it again.

My next Gen. 6 truck is going to be built for the mud pits, but I will never, ESPECIALLY a 4x4, demolition derby it! :spank:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Mud yes, derby NO!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
M3's and 5's are nice but for that money I could build a wicked '03 Mustang Cobra that could spank both of those all day.

Ford Truck Articles