Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking about selling the 98....

It's not totally done but it's on the ground now!!
py9e2are.jpg
7a4udapy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you leaving the bumpers stock? a nice brush gaurd or something would look good.
i like those rims/tires on that jeep

I plan on putting front and rear bumpers on. A friend of mine builds custom bumpers I might get him to build me one so I can also put a winch in the middle of it.

Been having a blast driving the jeep so far! Had it off road already and it did really good. So I finally got some time to put the build pics together.
upy6y4a7.jpg
4e9u5aqu.jpg
e5yduruj.jpg
3aqutyde.jpg
e2equ7ur.jpg
ysujapaj.jpg
yzuqupaq.jpg
evy9ujaq.jpg
yguzumyg.jpg
pe2y9yve.jpg

Also put blue L.E.D bulbs in
deba9yzu.jpg

It was rewarding to pull it out of the bay once everything was done! I'm looking forward to starting the next project... I'm going to start on a 63 studebaker lark soon!! It is a 6cly auto car that I'm going to swap a stude V8 and 4sp into. First I need to get a title for it. I did see a nice gen 10 f150 the other day and it brought back some memories that had of my 98 but I'm glad I did the jeep.

Here's my new jeep. Still have my 76 f150 but its going on the back burner.
Can't remember the year of it but my dad just gave it to me for helping him. We did a bunch of work to it. Just need to put the extended brake lines on and then make a drop bracket for the sway bar.

Attachments

• image.jpg

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Here's my new jeep. Still have my 76 f150 but its going on the back burner.
Can't remember the year of it but my dad just gave it to me for helping him. We did a bunch of work to it. Just need to put the extended brake lines on and then make a drop bracket for the sway bar.

nice clean look, and great color!

Nice jeep! I wish mine looked as clean as yours. Looks mostly rust free, I have a little rust with mine there is a place rotted out over the rear axel that I need to patch on the boxed section of unibody. I do like the color!

the only rust on it is on the hood on the corner where some paint got chipped off. just surface rust. body is straight for the most part too. most of the coating that was sprayed over the paint has flaked off. interior isn't bad either, runs great too. i'm happy with it. i just ordered a new stereo and speakers for it earlier today.

i like the look of your jeep i think if all the black was waxed or refinished it would make a huge difference

I will detail the jeep once it quits being winter and decide to stay spring like here in ky. I'm glad I'm on vacation in Florida this week back home on Monday it was freezing rain, sleet and snow. I also need the rear pass door trim it came of somewhere while driving down the interstate. I do like the white and black when it's all waxed up and the new tires will look awesome shined. I also replaced my stereo, I ended up with a sony head unit and sound ordnance speakers. I bought a cheap 10" power acoustik amp and sub of Craig's list. It's not real loud but it made a nice rounded system. I you do a sub in a box make sure you secure it down I learned after the first time off road in my that it can pull the power and ground cables off, but my amp is also mounted on my box. Good luck with the jeep mine has been loads of fun so far the only thing I can see be a con is the 33's made it lot less peppy being a factory 5 speed manual it has 3.08 gears so going up the slightest hill require a down shift out of 5th even at interstate speed.

sounds like my truck. 35's with 3.50 gearing. the tires on it now are 29's i think maybe 30's. i won't do very "hardcore" offroading with it right now but i'll be sure to tie down the box when i build it

I replaced the rear bumper this weekend then stripped it and sanded it and put spray on bed liner on it. Looks great. Got a tow hitch on it as well.

i can't take mine off orad until i extend all the brake lines and put somekind of drop bracket on the sway bar

I learned the hard way that the bump Stops have to be correct. The passenger front fender got pushed out when the tire was buried at full swing. Now I'm ordering extended bump stops.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts