Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

thinking about buying a ford edge

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
anyone hhave one? i am thinking about getting one for my girlfriend. mpg? how is your back up vision with those small windows in back? overall opinion about it would be awesome

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
After 6 months of searching and looking at several brands and about a bazillion different models (compacts, midsized, rocket ships, cross overs, etc.), the gf picked up an '07 Edge SEL in October. I've got nothing but good to say about them. Now after some standard and consistent driving, it's pulling about 19mpg's in town and 26mpg's hwy. I believe the new 6spd they're throwing in everything will greatly help that hwy number. It's rather quick for a vehicle of it's size. The interior is extremely comfortable. The back seat allows plenty of leg room for 6+ footers...shoulder room can get a bit tight for 3 full size adults though. As for visibility, it's as good or better than most things I've driven (Broncos, exploders, FJ's, Jeeps). So far, everything works the way it should, and we/she couldn't be happier. Her short list at the end were the Edge's, 4 dr JK's and FJ Cruisers. The JK's were entirely too utilitarian for her, even in Sahara flavor. The FJ was nice, but seemed too cheap and toyish (no pun intended)...and the Edge offered the class and elegance and style and fun factor she was ultimately looking for.

Here's my thread on it:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22685

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts