Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking About Buying a Centurion

This one is for sale and its only 45 minutes from me. My dad is very interested in it. Its a 1994 4 door Bronco C350 with the 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel and an E4OD. It looks to be in good shape and it only has 91,000 miles on it. :)

What do y'all think?

!BW1WMNwBGk~$%28KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmVnm%29BKZQwhsDoQ~~_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130320030126&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Give him 'your' truck... you are claiming 2 cars don't dont even have your license yet. smilieneenar

Ryan

Hes been drivin it to work lately because he doesnt want the jackasses there to **** with his Jeep...

How would you tell if its an IDI Turbo or a Powerstroke?

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Under the hood it might say powerstroke on the intake or somethin but im not sure. There wont be anything thatll say direct injection I believe. I cant see nothin from the pics to tell wether it is or isnt. The banks turbo makes me think it might be IDI but it could have been an upgrade to the stroker.

Last edited:
True^^^^

A '94 can be either an IDI or a PSD, but like Dan said having that Banks turbo makes it sound like it's an IDI that's been turbocharged. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

True^^^^

A '94 can be either an IDI or a PSD, but like Dan said having that Banks turbo makes it sound like it's an IDI that's been turbocharged. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

That was the Impression I was getting: That it was a Turbo IDI with a banks upgrade...

How would that compare to a PSD?

It's an idi unless he swapped the tranny. In 94 the powerstroke only came with a manual. Beyond that just google what a powerstroke looks like. It's vastly different from am idi

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
True^^^^

It's been a while since I read up on this...but seems like they came out with the PSD in the manual trans trucks before they did in the automatic ones. One of the cutoffs was 94.5...but I can't remember if that's when they started putting it in the sticks or in the autos.

EDIT: Whoops- posted on top of ya...guess you know better than me, anyway.

Looks in very good shape? The roof is peeling and rusting, there's something streaking down the side of the rear fender, and there's not too many good pics of the outside. Pushes my "something's funny" button, especially on a low-mile Cali truck.

Not saying it's in bad shape...but something seems ever so slightly off to me. [confused]

I just got this from the Banks site:

Banks said:
Sidewinder® Turbo System

F-250, F-350 & F-450 PICKUP: The ultimate upgrade for classic diesels is a Sidewinder turbocharging system. Banks wastegated Sidewinder turbo unleashes gains up to +82 hp and +143 lb-ft torque. You'll hardly recognize Ol' Betsy: with Banks' turbocharging technology onboard, she'll tow up the grade 53% quicker, and provide up to a phenomenal 29% fuel economy improvement at that. No smoke!

According to Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
7.3 L Diesel V8 1992.5-94 190 hp 390 lb·ft IDI Turbo
7.3 L Diesel V8 1994-97 250 hp 525 lb·ft DI Turbo, Powerstroke

So 190HP + 82HP = 272HP
and 390lb/ft + 143lb/ft = 533lb/ft

:D

It's been a while since I read up on this...but seems like they came out with the PSD in the manual trans trucks before they did in the automatic ones. One of the cutoffs was 94.5...but I can't remember if that's when they started putting it in the sticks or in the autos.

EDIT: Whoops- posted on top of ya...guess you know better than me, anyway.

Looks in very good shape? The roof is peeling and rusting, there's something streaking down the side of the rear fender, and there's not too many good pics of the outside. Pushes my "something's funny" button, especially on a low-mile Cali truck.

Not saying it's in bad shape...but something seems ever so slightly off to me. [confused]

I was thinking "Too be expected" for being parked outside for 15 years... :p

I wouldn't trust the numbers that Banks advertises, but no doubt it would be more powerful than a N/A IDI.

I wouldn't trust the numbers that Banks advertises, but no doubt it would be more powerful than a N/A IDI.

Im taking it with a grain of salt. On their proof page they have the dyno charts and they said it was all done by Trailer Life magazine...

Im not sure what some trailer magazine has to do with turbo diesels but whatever....

Banks said:
Test vehicle: 1992 F-350 supercab dually • 2-wheel drive • axle ratio 4.10:1 • E4OD 4-speed automatic trans.

ford-69L-73L-8393-test-graphs.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts