Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Update

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well she is running on all 8 still, been blastin around my back yard for the past few days. Runs great, drives good.
The Mods:
Well I had to take the stock exhaust off as it was all falling apart and sounded crappy, so i hacked that off, then with just the 2 cats it was still 2 quiet so I was like, what does it need 2 cats for, cut the last one off, it sounds good. Im going to make a new exhaust for it. It will have 3" flowmaster 40 series, or a 1 chamber as its super cheap, and its proj cheap bronk, and then a 90* like my truck as thats super easy and always looks good. Headers will come some time after its on the road but as of now just something for inspection.
The Bad while driving up onto the ramps I have to cut the cat off I blew a front brake line, oh yea i love to do brake lines, did all the ones on my truck, did all the fronts on the bronk, none of the rear looked messed up so they will stay till i blow them out.
45 bucks in front brake hoses and lines and she stops like new again.

The questions: rear glass sometimes goes up and down will work when it wants to. Any common probs, glass is up now and im not messing with it.
Fuel guage doest work, either does the oil and water temp as there are aftermarket guages. I know these year clusters go bad and common failures, or way to test?

Guess thats enough. Bronk wheels good, already had rear wheels off the ground.

Not bronco specific, but bad switches or bad grounds are a very common electrical problem with power windows.

Michigan
Yea maby a bad ground, or id try the switch. Maby the contacts to make the window go down are wore. Do you have the key bring the window down from outside of the truck?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I donno, havent even checkd, more of dont want to put it down and not be able to get it up, its getting cold so id like it to stay up. Just picked up the title tonight and am going to try to get it sorted out tomorrow. I hope, wow I got 4 cars to chose from. Need 1 for every day, gettin close. Ill try to work on the window tomorrow.

Michigan
Sounds like a rear window motor is weak.

Black150

California Chapter member
So Cal
If it's struggling to roll up or down i would pull the motor and have a look at the torque pins inside. They might be breaking apart.

But does it cut out while you're trying to use it? When it does work does it roll up and down at a steady pace? If either of those is yes, then it probably is electrical.

Last edited:

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Well she is running on all 8 still, been blastin around my back yard for the past few days. Runs great, drives good.
The Mods:
with just the 2 cats it was still 2 quiet so I was like, what does it need 2 cats for, cut the last one off, it sounds good.

Hey i just did that today too!

And yes the consoles go bad in these trucks, my tach and my speedo take turns working (but those are both cable driven) So far so good on my fuel guage so i cant tell you how to fix that... Just wait till you try to yank the cluster, Ford had a clip fetish in the 90's, you will be pissed and want to start pullin and cussin on it after the bolts are out but at the same time be terrified of breaking the clips lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Who knows if im even going to fix it, if I take the cluster out what am I supposed to do, buy a new one? Used ones prob dont work 1/2 the time. Maybe I can get an aftermarket one that will work to the Ford sending unit. Hummm right now ill just fill up ever few days. I got 4 cars so it aint going to be drivin every day. Maybe if I like it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Does anyone had a indicator switch handle? My one is missing. i use a screwdriver right now.

Michigan
For the turn signals and wipers switch? If its the same as mine i may have my old one on the shelf. When you click for the wipers they tend to not come on so you gotta play around with it to get the wipers going. Makes the turnsignals blink tho so if you need it just pay shipping you can have it!

For the turn signals and wipers switch? If its the same as mine i may have my old one on the shelf. When you click for the wipers they tend to not come on so you gotta play around with it to get the wipers going. Makes the turnsignals blink tho so if you need it just pay shipping you can have it!

No it isnt, its basically a plastic stick with a fancy knobby job on the end of it. And the one I have is on my truck, so sorry I cant help you. Have you tried FTPG?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
^^Yeah, the Gen-8 trucks had the wiper switch on the dash, high-beams on the floor, and just a simple handle for the blinkers.

(Might be worth pricing out a new switch- the fancy newer style ones are expensive, but the older ones might not be bad. Probably easier to change, too.)

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
the wiring harness on the old broncos was known for its issues on the tailgate harness. if you are not worried about the rear/tailgate storage then dont mess with it. i would bet the harness is broken/cracked where the gate opens and closes. also, you may want to try and spray the window runs with silicone spray. they get old and hard and will make the window think it is supposed to stop when it shouldnt.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I just got to find time to go to the junk yard and pull a bunch of stuff. Yes Chris indicator = blinker. Mine is just a handle just for blinkers. I registered it today and can drive it, but cant caus I didnt put insurance on it yet, also I made the exhaust tonight. Here is what I laied out, and here is what I ended up with, also pics of the powerwashin. Still need to weld in some hangers and figure out what im going to do for tips. I wish I could have got them level but the way I had to get the other 90* out made it hang down lower , I have some other peices with like bends that could bring it up or down so ill see. The end is the temp.
IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

What I started with:
IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

How I planned to install it:
IMG_0143.jpg

3" out of cat, Cherry Bomb Pro
IMG_0144.jpg

On the Bronk
IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Ill do some more finishin when I weld the rest up and let it all cool down.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here is sound.
Bronco

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Took her for a drive, shes pritty quiet, for how loud it was with just the 1 cat, that muffler made it alot softer. Now I just have to get insurance and then I get to drive it around. Also put in a hanger so it isnt all hanging and moving around. Got to find some tips for it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts