Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tech Folders

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
For the admins. Vince, BTH and the other techs post very good tech articles from time to time. Is there any way these can be added to the respective tech folders so they do not get lost in the shuffle. As FTF grows and expands, the tech folders and research information will become a priceless assest.

Here are a few examples, there are many others that fit this catagory as well.

www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2581

www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2530

www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950

I can't do any of that sort of thing...but I will bump this thread for you.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
we could make a closed forum where we move posts like this. Just title the article Tech: ---

We can take the bullitens and compile them all in one place. Ideas on which area would be best? Certified Ford Tech Help?

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
What about just closing them and locking them at the top of their respective forums?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
There are too many to sticky to the top of the forum. We're considering a few ways of doing this but for now, would you all like a dedicated tech folder that is closed for posting?

Ryan

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
we could make a closed forum where we move posts like this. Just title the article Tech: ---

We can take the bullitens and compile them all in one place. Ideas on which area would be best? Certified Ford Tech Help?

Ryan

A closed section of the forum to move the articles would work, it may get to unwiedly and require greater searching as the article pile up however. Individual Tech Folders in each section may be more manageble in the long run.

The 6.0 section already has a sticky "Tech Folder" which is a good place for 6.0 specific tech items. Adding individual sticky "Tech Folder" in each specific section to hold the specific tech diagnostic articles of limited scope (ie engine etc) would be good and then a sticky "Tech Folder" in the Certified Tech Help area for diagnostic articles that pertain to more than one vehicle type or engine.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
How about a area for non-tech guys to post there vehical info year/model/ even possibly vin#, type of concern. Have an admin pm to a Ford tech and we could run an oasis on it or just check tsb's and such. This way you wouldn't be cluttering up other forums with the info, could be one post in the forum and the rest private messages. I would be willing to help out the non-tech guys. Just an idea.

Fellro

Staff member
Some of the other forums I visit have areas where the tech articles are, and no posting. They are separated by year/series like regular forums, just no posting.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Some of the other forums I visit have areas where the tech articles are, and no posting. They are separated by year/series like regular forums, just no posting.

I may not know what im talking about but, I would think that doing it that way has to take up quite a bit of space on the site, and alot of info to copy. I think one on one would be easier and save time and space as long as the Tech's on the site are willing to assist. Like I said I could just be blowin' smoke what do I know I turn wrenches.! [confused]

Fellro

Staff member
When you get people asking the same question all the time, if you make a tech article area, they can go there, find what they want, and head on. It isn't quite as big an issue here, but it gets to be that way after a while. You can't sticky everything, and also, sometimes the info will get buried in all the regular threads. That setup actually can work when you have just a few techs, but as the site has more members, it will be more needed. My experience with searches shows that they are inefficient and not real effective, as they bring in plenty of things that really have nothing to do with what you were looking for, so you have to wade through all the excess to find what you are looking for. Having a separate tech area won't take up any more bandwidth than having the same question asked regularly, but makes it easier to find what you are looking for. The tech articles would already be written up, submitted, and then put into those forum areas that apply, so no info to copy and transfer, the person submitting the articles would have done that already.

Ford Truck Articles