Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Talk about depressing.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
well im very glad that your ok! what happened anyway?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
well im very glad that your ok! what happened anyway?

How I read it, is the steering went out...

Hey thanks guys, luckily it was only me in the truck, and I can only assume that my steering box is now missing a couple teeth, or a bearing crapped out. Thats after I got the tractor and put it back on its feet, it landed on the driverside.

Countryboytn: Neither of the doors open, the bed dosen't look that bad, but it is squished together, so much so that the tailgate ripped into the bed corner. The tailgate is straight though.
I you really think you or somebody you know might want it, maybe 200$? That is of course not including the motor and rearend, and some other small stuff I want to keep. Honestly it would need a cab and whole front clip, passenger front I-beam and stuff, and I suppose the bed could be beat bact to where it needs to be.

Its not goin anywhere anytime soon though.

ok... so it's worse than it looks. :(

It would definitely need alot of stuff, but could be fixed..

I'll see if anybody I know want's it(I would buy it if parent's would let me :headbang:), and it probably wouldn't hurt if you posted it up on Craigslist... as I said in an earlier post, hate to see it get crushed, if sombody can fix it

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Glad to see your okay man,and sorry for the loss.It was a beautiful truck.It's amazing how it only looks like it rolled on it's side.That's good ol' American Sheetmetal.

I'll definitly Craigslist whats left if nobody here wants it, I'm definitly keeping the drivetrain though. The only thing I don't really need\want to keep there is the 3.03 3spd.

Fordtruckman, your not kidding, I'd have hated to do that in anything built withen the last 10-15 years! I have to agree with ya on it being a beautiful truck to, everytime I'd get her all cleaned up I'd stand there and just stare... Here she is before, in the one pic she had just been doing what she was built for and thats dragged that 2k lb boat about 50 miles back home. The power was amazing, even with that thing hitched to the back I beat a guy from a stop light in a new F-150.

The third pic is what I'm rollin in now, nice truck, and I love it and all, but its just not the same, ya know?

Attachments

• AUT_1922.JPG
  • AUT_1869.JPG
  • AUT_1866.JPG
Last edited:

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
You sure like Shorties don't ya Tex?

FTF'er

So the steering just went out while you were driving?

I had that happen to my '76 F350 I had... I was just driving through the yard and went to turn, but nothing happened but a lot of "stripped out gears" noise.

It good that you're ok!

Thanks man, and yup, thats pretty much what happened. Thankfully I wasen't doing 60 on a four lane highway!

Ford Truck Articles