Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Talk about depressing.

The Ranger died yesterday. Rolled, fliped, cleaned out a tree, landed on the drivers side.

A very sad day indeed.smiliecrybaby

Gabe

Attachments

• The Rangers last ride 2..JPG
  • The Rangers last ride 3..JPG
  • The Rangers last ride..JPG

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What happened?????

Ryan

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Merely surface wounds! :D

Sad to hear that happened. Is everybody ok? What happened?

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
soooo when does the rebuild start???smiliegitrdone

i hope everyone was alright!!!! was there any injuries?

Hey thanks guys, luckily it was only me in the truck, and I can only assume that my steering box is now missing a couple teeth, or a bearing crapped out. Thats after I got the tractor and put it back on its feet, it landed on the driverside.

I have nothing but a slight scratch(didn't even draw blood) on my side where my Zippo case hit me(it was sitting on the seat)

Unfortunatly I don't see this one making it back to the road, I think the frame is ok, but the passenger front I-beam\hairpin\spring is all toast, as well as needing a cab\bed\front clip swap. Its just more work than its worth. So I'll grab the motor\tranny\driveshaft\axle and lots of little stuff, and I guess send the rest to the crusher :( If anybody is near GA or needs something lemme know, I'll give ya a good price, and can ship some smaller stuff. Unfortunatly the only usable body panel is the tailgate, and the driverside bedside is ok if somebody needed that. The floor pans are solid and the dash is straight(I think). Also the bed floor is solid, but has dips in it.

She will live on in some other vehicle, be it another truck, a mustang(what the motor is out of) or a torino or something like that. Poor ole girl had 345k miles on her, hate to see that one go...Dang I loved that truck.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Dang.. I hate to see it get crushed :( :headbang:

How much you want for the whole truck? I don't think my parent's would let me get it, but I'll see if anybody else I know is interested...

The bed doesnt look bad, and the cab doesnt looks horible (dont think the door would open on drivers side though?)

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are alright though. For a truck that was flipped and rolled, it doesn't look that bad!

smilieFordlogo

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Man that really sucks,well hang onto the '73 ok?
Also I am glad you are all right.
I hope ya get another truck to have fun with...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey thanks guys, luckily it was only me in the truck, and I can only assume that my steering box is now missing a couple teeth, or a bearing crapped out. Thats after I got the tractor and put it back on its feet, it landed on the driverside.
Goes to show you how well built these trucks were.

I have nothing but a slight scratch(didn't even draw blood) on my side where my Zippo case hit me(it was sitting on the seat)
I've been hit with Zippos before big ouch.

Unfortunatly I don't see this one making it back to the road, I think the frame is ok, but the passenger front I-beam\hairpin\spring is all toast, as well as needing a cab\bed\front clip swap. Its just more work than its worth. So I'll grab the motor\tranny\driveshaft\axle and lots of little stuff, and I guess send the rest to the crusher :( If anybody is near GA or needs something lemme know, I'll give ya a good price, and can ship some smaller stuff. Unfortunatly the only usable body panel is the tailgate, and the driverside bedside is ok if somebody needed that. The floor pans are solid and the dash is straight(I think). Also the bed floor is solid, but has dips in it.

She will live on in some other vehicle, be it another truck, a mustang(what the motor is out of) or a torino or something like that. Poor ole girl had 345k miles on her, hate to see that one go...Dang I loved that truck.

That's horrible so sorry you lost her in this way, I can't even imagine losing Blue.

Thanks guys, I already got the 73 tagged yesterday so I'll be driving that for now.

Countryboytn: Neither of the doors open, the bed dosen't look that bad, but it is squished together, so much so that the tailgate ripped into the bed corner. The tailgate is straight though.
I you really think you or somebody you know might want it, maybe 200$? That is of course not including the motor and rearend, and some other small stuff I want to keep. Honestly it would need a cab and whole front clip, passenger front I-beam and stuff, and I suppose the bed could be beat bact to where it needs to be.

Its not goin anywhere anytime soon though.

Tex: No kidding, their built with real metal, and that one of the reasons I love driving em, and your not kiddin I sat out there and boo-hooed for awhile.

Ford Truck Articles