Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

taillight harness connectors?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I bought a virgin taillight harness for my '78 on ebay. The harness I bought has a 4 pin connector for each taillight in addition to the 4 pin connector for the connection to the main harness. The taillight harness I currently have is hardwired into the taillight, with no such connector.

Can someone enlighten me as to which vehicles used the 4 pin connector, so I can I can find matching taillights for the connectors.

DSCF22301.JPG

DSCF22291.JPG

'73-mid '74 used metal taillight housings with separate taillight lenses. On these, the socket is part of the housing and the harness plugs into it.
In mid '74 Ford switched to the one piece plastic taillights with the bulb sockets as part of the harness.
What you're looking for are taillights from either a '73 or a '74 before s/n T00,001.

Last edited:
That connector is situated on the driver's side rear so the wire that plugs into it runs over to the passenger side .

You should look for a 77 and up harness.

I could check my 75 if you like

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The replaceable (twist-in) sockets and the Styleside taillamps are the same:

1974 F100/350 from serial number T80,001 / 1975/79 F100/350 / 1975/91 Econoline / 1978/79 Bronco.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts