Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

supercharger for 300 ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Supercharger...turbos are for diesels and rice :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
but dont you have more power with a supercharger than a turbo. turbos have to spoil up superchargers dont

That arguement has more twists and turns than Ford vs. Chev....IMO, get what appeals to you.

Not in my closed mind it doesn't :D

:rolling laugh:

That arguement has more twists and turns than Ford vs. Chev....IMO, get what appeals to you.

Sofa king true.. smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I like turbos, I think that they are more efficient; BUT they also can be a lot harder to tune right (compressor/ turbine housings) etc..

But as a general rule a turbo from a GM 6.5 diesel is about the right size for a Ford 300 I6.. YRMV

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Or. you could be uber bling tastic, and run both! Let the sc build your low end grunt and get the exhaust moving fast enough to push through the turbo lag, have an electric clutch disengage at x rpms (x being about the same time as the turbo will build equal boost as the sc so you dont lose power half way through a rev cycle. ) and let the turbo take over the top end. :)

Or. you could be uber bling tastic, and run both! Let the sc build your low end grunt and get the exhaust moving fast enough to push through the turbo lag, have an electric clutch disengage at x rpms (x being about the same time as the turbo will build equal boost as the sc so you dont lose power half way through a rev cycle. ) and let the turbo take over the top end. :)

I believe their called prochargers :)

http://www.procharger.com/TRUCK_SUV/truck_suv.shtml

procharger is just a belt driven turbo..

What Don was talking about is something more like this...

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I considered turboing my 300, but decided that I prefer durability, longevity, and simplicity.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts