Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stock wheels/tire sizes

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ok I started discussing this in the pwt but I figured I would just make my own thread for this.

I went and picked up the wheels today and the center hole measured 3 3/8" like Duncan said. The wheels are in good shape and hopefully they will fit my truck. Currently I have 15x8 wheels with P235/60R15 tires. Will they fit ok on the stock wheels which look to be 15x6? I know on my old Dodge I ran 31x10.50s on 15x6 wheels. I hate my current tires but they have a lot of life left so I would like to use them if I can. I just want to be sure before I go swapping tires around. Thoughts?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thank you. When the tires do wear out I will probably switch to p235/75R15 so that they are a little taller. I stuck with my current size because a 'tire expert' told me I needed to. I should have never listened to him.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I agree, They'll fit fine. The diameter range for those tires is 6-8 inch width wheels so you won't have an issue.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks. Didn't want to spend the money for mounting and balancing and find out I have some sort of issue. It was a lot easier when I had access to shop equipment. I could just try stuff and if it didn't work I could put it back lol.

Thanks. Didn't want to spend the money for mounting and balancing and find out I have some sort of issue. It was a lot easier when I had access to shop equipment. I could just try stuff and if it didn't work I could put it back lol.

no problem, I even have this size on a 9.5 in rim and they work out ok, just stick out a little, but thats the only tire i could find that wouldnt rub with that wide of tire on my Cutlass.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As stated Sean...there will be no issue here. The tire/sidewall will 'bloat' out a little more, but no biggie. In theory, it should help the bead keep better. For reference, the BKO has 12.5" wide tire on an 8" wide rim, Red has a 13" wide tire on 9.75" wide rim, and I've had as big as a 6" difference in tire width vs. rim width. Of course, these are based on manufacturer advertised tire widths.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Ben. It'll be good to finally get rid of my rusty chrome wheels. Now to decide on hubcaps.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Geez Sean..if you were closer, I could have given you a smokin' deal on a set of rims/tires!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks Duncan. I usually wind up being far away from the good deals lol

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm going to get a new set of p235/70r15 tires becasue I can't beat the price. I was hoping for 235/75r15 but I'll take what I can get for the right price. I'll be getting them Friday so I gotta get the wheels painted before then.

I'm going to get a new set of p235/70r15 tires becasue I can't beat the price. I was hoping for 235/75r15 but I'll take what I can get for the right price. I'll be getting them Friday so I gotta get the wheels painted before then.

i was thinking that 255/70/r15 would look nice on there if you were buyin new, but you probably wouldnt have any trouble selling those 235/60/r15 tires, they're pretty popular for muslce cars,etc

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have a set of tires for the back that are almost like 300 wide lol. I want somewhat narrower tires because I drive in snow as well. Maybe this summer I'll put the huge back tires on if I buy the special lug nuts. I'm sure 255 would look great but since I drive all year I don't want to go that route. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Here are my wide tires compared to my 235/60r15:

bigtires03.jpg

I have a set of tires for the back that are almost like 300 wide lol. I want somewhat narrower tires because I drive in snow as well. Maybe this summer I'll put the huge back tires on if I buy the special lug nuts. I'm sure 255 would look great but since I drive all year I don't want to go that route. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Here are my wide tires compared to my 235/60r15:

bigtires03.jpg

those are huge, what size are those? I know they are bigger than 295/50, maybe 355's?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
N50x15 or something like that.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well the rims fit just fine. Now I need to paint them and have the tires mounted.

Lostinfords, what year are those off of? Not sure if I want those.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts