Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Steam coming out my heater vents

I wanted to add that I also sprayed the inside of the compartment with the rubberized spray can of where the heater coil came to rest against metal areas. It worked out to a snug fit. I also padded the tubes that went through the firewall into the engine compartment. Some kind of grommets would have been best no doubt but I used what I had available to me. Any place I thought there may be some 'rub', I padded. I hope it doesn't stink when it heats up. Ya know?

I did find a 4bbl intake some time ago. I took it to NAPA auto parts and had it checked (under granddads advise) they magnafluxed? it. Anyway, the news was not good. It apparently has some fine cracks and the advise I got was not to use it. So, bummer. It looked really great after they cleaned it up! What a drag it failed. They didn't charge me to check it! I thought that was real stand up of them. I wonder what an aluminum one would cost? I am sure someone like Edelbrock makes an aftermarket unit?

Guys, do I need to be looking for like a 'duel plane' unit? What think? Thanks

DTM

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dual plane would be best for your application.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
If ypu can swing it, pick up a matched carb and cam. Will make a great trio and help that 352.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

primetime

sawmill slave
Wooo! The price has dropped on those since the last time I checked on them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts