Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Start up concerns

Motorcraft makes the best filters, hands down. If you had a bad experience, then you got a defective filter.

sorry to tell ya, not true.. ive been at ford for 3 months, weve had an escape where the filter caused the engine to seize, needed a new engine and a f250 with a 3v 5.4 same thing, needed a new motor..

it does come down to what u have had luck with, i personally like the the Fram Tough Guard Filters.. my trucks had fram filters from 30k miles to now.. like i said, only reason i changed was cause thats what i was able to get from work

Wait... Wasn't everyone saying in another thread how inaccurate these oil pressure gauges are?

correct, how ever the problem isnt what pressure it sits at, its when its built up. when you first put a new filter on, it takes a seccond or 2 for the pressure to build cause it needs o fill the filter then shouldnt start that way again. mine does this everytime i start it

Michigan
gotcha now. Yea i use motorcraft and motorcraft only. I just like to use what the owners manual says to use.

gotcha now. Yea i use motorcraft and motorcraft only. I just like to use what the owners manual says to use.

now i dont see to use water anywhere in the owners manual =P lmao, had to bust your balls

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts