Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Squeaky Seat

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys,

My bench seat sqeaks a lot when I'm in the truck by myself and hit any kind of bump. Kinda sounds like a cheap hotel bed. When I have a passenger though, it does not. Must be either the weight on the other end of the seat alone--or extra weight of two people--that keeps what ever squeaks from moving.

Any way, what the heck is squeaking? The springs inside the seat? It is mounted firm and tight, so I don't think it is the rails.

Any ideas on quieting this?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Could be anything from the springs to the brackets. If it were me, I'd take some WD to any of the parts that are easily accessible and spray down any part of the brackets that may be touching, any place there is a bolt, etc. I really think it's probably under the seat, so if spraying down the easy access areas doesn't work, I'd take the seat out and spray down the under side.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
if it's the seat springs you can try to make them tight by tying them together all the way across with twine. About 4 rows (front,middle,middle,rear) It is a lot easier if the seat is taken apart like you are going to recover it.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Thanks guys.

I would like to get the seat redone, so maybe I'll take care of this at that time.

The vinyl is not bad now--just a couple little tears on the seams on the driver's side that I am going to attempt to patch when it gets warm enough. I would really like some new foam though!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts