Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Soooooooo tempted.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Hmm... just looked at the price though. I wouldnt pay that for one. But I'm a cheap sob...

Really? I was surprised it wasn't posted for 5k.

Or maybe you're just cheap. smilietease

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
SuperCab said:
The most I ever paid for a vehicle is $1500. Paid that for my '98 GMC Subby...

all the others were under $700. So I guess I qualify as cheap...

Frugal and wise may better characterize you! :)

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
But I wouldn't even haggle w this fella, dang!!! You always wonder if something else is wrong with it.

At least he doesn't try to pass the 360 off as a 390. That's a good sign.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I love all 3. They are all nice trucks.

I love driving the old rigs and is why I'm going to sell my 99 expedition and use my 75 f250 as my camper puller. I still will get a car that gets a little better MPG but I still will drive my old trucks on my days off more than the car or our van.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
bucks77ford said:
I love all 3. They are all nice trucks.

I love driving the old rigs and is why I'm going to sell my 99 expedition and use my 75 f250 as my camper puller. I still will get a car that gets a little better MPG but I still will drive my old trucks on my days off more than the car or our van.

I think I'll always have this mentality as well; preferring the older rigs over the newer ones.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's what I loved about my first dent. The driver is doing more than just pointing the wheels.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Try driving one full time..you know, everyday to and from work, hundred's of miles on trips etc. I like old things, there is no question of that...but no way would I want to DD one compared to the new vehicles.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Try driving one full time..you know, everyday to and from work, hundred's of miles on trips etc. I like old things, there is no question of that...but no way would I want to DD one compared to the new vehicles.

Absolutely, which may have been one of the factors in replacing my first dent. But now that I have the Ranger (I'm actually more comfortable in the Ranger than the Lincoln), I can see having another classic.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Absolutely, which may have been one of the factors in replacing my first dent. But now that I have the Ranger (I'm actually more comfortable in the Ranger than the Lincoln), I can see having another classic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the comforts of AC and power everything as much as the rest, but there is something to say about driving an older style rig....even if it wasn't show quality, it's just not like every other truck out there.

With that said, my rig has power steering, AC, power mirrors (?), comfortable bench seats, and really rides like a car. In the summer time, it's our preferred method of casual driving as a family.

My 70 F250 was no picnic and I definitely couldn't use that as a DD unless I had to.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the comforts of AC and power everything as much as the rest, but there is something to say about driving an older style rig....even if it wasn't show quality, it's just not like every other truck out there.

With that said, my rig has power steering, AC, power mirrors (?), comfortable bench seats, and really rides like a car. In the summer time, it's our preferred method of casual driving as a family.

My 70 F250 was no picnic and I definitely couldn't use that as a DD unless I had to.

I find I'm more comfortable all around in my 79 than anything else. The seating position, relationship to the controls, the nice soft bench seat, and even how it handles...it all just feels right.

In the rare occasions I get into stop and go traffic in it though, the four speed and Center Force clutch can get a little old.

So, Ken - did you sell that '70? I guess I'm out of the loop.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I find I'm more comfortable all around in my 79 than anything else. The seating position, relationship to the controls, the nice soft bench seat, and even how it handles...it all just feels right.

In the rare occasions I get into stop and go traffic in it though, the four speed and Center Force clutch can get a little old.

So, Ken - did you sell that '70? I guess I'm out of the loop.

Yeah.....long story, but it went earlier this year to a fellow restoring it in Michigan. I listed on ebay and it went in one day.....had about 50 calls and emails on it. Pretty wild. I asked $3k for it and even had guys say they'd give me more if I shafted the original purchaser, but couldn't do that.

My next bump/dent will have to be one that my wife can use as well. My fire department bump didn't have what my wife wanted with the baby:

-xtra cab
-power steering
-automatic

She even said it didn't need to have ac as it was primarily my winter driver when I garaged my 77. In the summer, it was basically a work truck whenever I needed something hauled or pulled.

It'll be fun looking for my next bump/dent (most likely a 73-79) with these options!

If it had these options AND a plow set up, the wifey would let me buy today! She's pretty frugal/utilitarian that way.

If I had my way, I'd have a vehicle for every purpose....kinda like Ben's rigs, where each has their function. But in order to get past the CFO, I need to sell the options for the family.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
^^^ Glad it sold fast for you. Good luck on the search!

Your wife is at least willing to drive an old truck. God bless her. You have a good one there!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^ Glad it sold fast for you. Good luck on the search!

Your wife is at least willing to drive an old truck. God bless her. You have a good one there!

Yeah, thanks....she's pretty great!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts