Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Some quick qustions about my truck!!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Question number one is how can i tell if my truck had factory keyless entry?? And my second question is, if get a gauge cluster that has a factory RPM gauge(cuz mine doesnt) will i have to wire it up or can i just plug it into an existing wire harness???

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
If you get the tac cluster out of your year truck then it will just plug in and work. Skan knows the propper years I think. Umm I dont know about the keyless thing tho.

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
thanks,... glad to here i don't have to wire it up!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah if you can get a cluster with a tach, you can swap your Speedo section into the tach cluster and keep your ODO reading --- the clusters are modular. Here's a link to a really good cluster swap writeup:

Click Here

I don't know the specifics for the years you can use. What year is your truck? I believe that the 94-95 tachs are in a category by themselves, as well as the 96 tachs and the 92-93 being in their own respective categories. Like the article says, its always good to get a cluster form the SAME YEAR truck as yours, just to be sure.

The real expert on cluster swaps is Larry (username: Lost) --- he actually sells a lot of them too, so you might want to send him a PM and see what he's got.

As for the other question --- if your truck has factory keyless, there should be a blinking THEFT light on your dash when you lock your doors and leave the truck. To make double sure, look under the dash against the firewall, directly behind the cubbie hole next to the steering column. Mounted behind that cubble hole should be a baby blue box (airbag control, if your truck is equipped) then mounted BEHIND that baby blue box will be another -- this is the anti-theft/keyless control. If the 2nd box is NOT present, then you don't have factory keyless. Here's a picture of what the airbag module looks like WITHOUT the anti-theft/keyless box behind it (taken from my truck):

a5944bf2.jpg

You can see that after I peeled back the flexible foam, there is a baby blue box underneath (airbag module). The box you see behind it in the picture is my aftermarket keyless that I installed, along with all those extra wires, just ignore that ;)

Hope that helps!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Thanks skan u really helped me out man!! I don't care what mike says about you.... you seem really smart to me lol!!!!

Michigan
:guns: smilieneenar And its SKANK! (Gotta teach em while they are young) smilietease

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
AWW man i don't have the theft light or the box...DARN. So if i got that box would it be a plug and play thing or would i have to wire a bunch of stuff??

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
AWW man i don't have the theft light or the box...DARN. So if i got that box would it be a plug and play thing or would i have to wire a bunch of stuff??
I'm not exactly sure about that. I've seen discussions about it, but nothing conclusive. Unless you're set on going stock, you can also look into aftermarket solutions. I'm very satisfied with my Bulldog Security Deluxe 200 :)

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Thanks skank(haha) I appreciate all your help!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The aftermarket system would be way easier according to my Electronics guru. (Brother in law ) . I'm sure the plugs r there. But to find everything needed (I am told there r sensors in the key door locks at least on a bronco ) . PM Fredric HE does some wild things mixing and matching parts

Also with a aftermarket system u can get a remote start . Nice on a hot or cold day .

As for the cluster . 92-93, 94-95 96 Is basic rule . But I do know of late and early build dates having odd years .

Nice truck . I had 5 black ones and 2 just like urs

Last edited:
Michigan
We got the guage swap done today. Looks alot better and worked great. Everything went as planned. Definatly like the look of the tach alot better than the non tach.

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Yep sure did get it done LOOKS GREAT!! Thanks again mike!!

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Is this the keyless entry box...????

I took this out of a fully loaded bronco at the junkyard and my truck has the same one, but my theft light never blinks and I checked the bulb today and its fine!! I also have a aftermarket remote system that is a no name brand(from radio shack)....when they hooked this up could that be affecting my theft light from coming on?? i just want to kno this so i kno weather or not to buy new key phobes.....

Click on the pic to make it a little bigger.....

Attachments

• box 2.jpg
Last edited:
Michigan
Your welcome, And poor bronco... that interior was beautiful back in the day...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
LOL!!! Sorry dude, I forgot to mention that the door chime box is also back there :rofl: What you're holding is the door chime box.

Michigan
He definatly aint the sharpest tool in the shead. lmao jk :p

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
LOL!!! Sorry dude, I forgot to mention that the door chime box is also back there :rofl: What you're holding is the door chime box.

WOW do I feel dumb...so explain this better to me where it is skan, is it behind or in front?? above or below?? that blue box

Michigan
Is it the blue box? lmao

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
As far as I've HEARD, it's to the front of the blue box (towards the engine). I've never actually seen one before so I'm not a very reliable source :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts