Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Some pics before it's garaged!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Did the rust cleaning and undercoating as well as fuel additive today. :D

1118131627_zpscf6b64bf.jpg

1118131651a_zps02cd1e93.jpg

1105131705_zpsc4e5f2d3.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Nice truck, sucks you are putting her away. Being from So cal not sure how that works????

Yup...part of the luxury of living out there....I grew up there. If I lived there again, I wouldn't have a winter and a summer driver; just one kick butt dd for myself, maybe even a 2wd.

460Trucker

Thanks guys, finished the detailing and cleaning today. Cant do much else once its parked haha.

We garage our nice vehicles (well the ones who care about them do :) ). Especially in New England where me Ken are, there's a ton of salt dumped onto the roads whether its unions that wanna make overtime or just cause it snows a lot and its cold enough for ice. We are the worst offenders of it and everywhere else uses a vehicle friendly aggregate. That's also why a truck like mine is worth more in re-sale value up here as well because it is rare to find older trucks without rust problems and rot.

460Trucker

Great seeing the "love":) you have for your truck Mike, but I bet you'll take it out in that first fallen snow (before the salt trucks)

smilieFordlogo

I may plug the battery back in for a few winter pics... who knows lol :D We're going to need something else to haul the amplifiers and guitars now for FTF Crue's 2014 Winter tour!

460Trucker

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Here in PA its salt & gravel (which just chip paint so it rusts faster) or the new Slimb stuff it just soaks way in and can kill a truck in no time. Has to be done never get up hills with out it .

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Thanks guys, finished the detailing and cleaning today. Cant do much else once its parked haha.

We garage our nice vehicles (well the ones who care about them do :) ). Especially in New England where me Ken are, there's a ton of salt dumped onto the roads whether its unions that wanna make overtime or just cause it snows a lot and its cold enough for ice. We are the worst offenders of it and everywhere else uses a vehicle friendly aggregate. That's also why a truck like mine is worth more in re-sale value up here as well because it is rare to find older trucks without rust problems and rot.

smilieIagree

I know a couple of dealers out here that make a good living buying used cars/trucks in the Pacific Northwest and shipping them east for resale. We don't get the salt, or the extreme temps that destroy paint and interiors in the desert states.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts