Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So, what have I missed?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'm finally popping my head back up around here... lifes been busy here lately.

short run down/changes in my life are: Got a 74 CJ5 (still got all my other vehicles), I'm out of school for the summer, only like a few small things before I go before board of review for my Eagle rank in scouts, got a job interview Tuesday for Mcdonalds (not the best job, but it's a job), My aunt's house burned down (she was my neighbor as well), Signed up for JR firefighting, and got a one year anniversary coming up with the ol' lady.

So hows life treating everybody around here?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
good to see you back on.

sorry to hear about your Aunts house, congrats on the good, and good luck on the interview and Eagle scout review.

got any pics of the CJ5?

How's the Bronco been treating you?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
good to see you back on.

sorry to hear about your Aunts house, congrats on the good, and good luck on the interview and Eagle scout review.

got any pics of the CJ5?

How's the Bronco been treating you?

Glad to be back.

I'm sad to see it happen as well, but no one was home, so all they lost was one of their dogs and the house. Could have been much much worse

Appreciate it, and no pics on the computer.. I have a couple on my phone that I'll upload later though. Bronco is still the same ol' thing, it's been sitting for about 2-3 months. I went wheelin' and burned $80 worth of gas in a day.. and it's sat since. :suspicious:

Volunteer fire station?
Woooooot! I really loved my time i spent as a volunteer. I started as a cadet (under age of 18) fire fighter.

I have 90days probation still, after my application is accepted, and then I get all my gear and stuff. I think I'm gonna love it, I am so far atleast.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ask lots of questions, pay attention. Alot of people dont like the young bloods, because they are disrespectful and know it alls.

Learn all you can, respect the guys and there experience. If your really wanting to get alot out of it, you have to put alot into it. For several months i was at the station as much as possible. We had meetings on tuesdays, for training, reflecting or business meetings. Every thursday was Truck checks, go in go over the trucks and all the equipment on them and make sure everything was up to standards and operational. Most weeks some of the guys would get together at the station on friday nights to work on the trucks, make improvements and take care of the odds and ends that happens with a fire house.

I learned more on friday nights than i did with our actual training activities.
It was often the "old timers" that got together then they were welcoming of a young guy to come in on a friday night and learn. They often went out of there way to show me new things, and the stories and experiences they shared were amazing.

I learned alot by questioning everything. Respectfully of course. Why do we do this, why do we do that, why is it in this order. So forth and so on. Dont question it like, why me. why am i doing this. But why do we do this?

Make it respectful so they will see your trying to learn.

Just a few tips from my time at the station. ;)

pm or text me if you got any specific questions. or post em here, what ever you prefer.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I'v only been to one meeting, but I helped the guys a little bit when they came to put out my aunts house(only three people got there on the first engine), so we have a little bit of experience working with each other. First meeting was a training night to, and we burned two houses. I'v been asking a bunch of questions, and they have all been as nice as can be so far. A few friends I went to school with volunteer up there as well so that makes it a little easier.

I'll for sure ask any questions I can think of though. and I don't think I have your number, but I'll pm you mine.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Good to hear from you, Tyler.

Good work on the job. There's no shame in working at McDonald's. We all start somewhere! And the firefighter thing is noble of you.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to see your post Tyler, sounds like you have and will be busy. Nothing wrong with a Mickey D's job at all, puts some coin in your pocket and it's better than most of the entitled kids your age.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts