Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

So guys.

I would like to get more involved on here. and i would also like to know what basic things should i get for my 94. Maintaince wise. As in books. special tools and guages? Im big into electrical in vehicles so i want to start getting more involved in motor work and trans work. As well i have done some body work. But this truck will need alot of it. So i would like to know what you guys think i should get for information and basic instruments for this truck. I would like some feedback. And also i am going to start improving this beast. and repair it. it has 87,000 miles on it and i feel it has alot of life left in her. I really like the way this thing rides and drives. ill be posting pictures of it in the next few days. thanks.:wavey:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
First thing I would do is get a set of the original Ford manuals.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Get an OBD code reader. They sell a yellow one at most parts stores. I believe they're going for around $30 now. There are cheaper ways to do it, but it's money well spent.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you have the Ford manuals, why would you need a Chiltons or Haynes or other?

primetime

sawmill slave
smiliewhathesaid If you have factory service manuals, you`re set. Over and above those, you don`t really need alot of special tools. The basics will take you a long ways on these trucks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts