Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Snow pics of the 77 beater

We had a pretty good storm roll through western Pa yesterday, got a few inches of snow to add to the 8-10 that was already on the ground. During the storm, however, there was a period of freezing rain which coated everything in a layer of ice. Then overnight last night we got another 2 inches of fresh snow which stuck to everything. Makes for a very picturesque landscape, so I had to take the 77 out to snap some pics. I did this last winter with the 05 in a similar snowfall.

Enough talking, here are the pics:

For the first one, I parked the 77 at the top of what will eventually be my driveway. My house will be located just beyond the treeline in the clearing in the woods. I have ~4 acres here, all of which is wooded and none of which is flat...
IMG_0775.jpg

I then took a tractor path to a field directly behind my land (owned by my grandfather) and parked at the top of the hill (one of the highest in the area).
IMG_0786.jpg

I met up with my brother up there, who was also playing in the snow in his 02 FX4. His truck has 33's on it, you can see how the snow has swallowed them.
IMG_0780.jpg

A few more of the 77.
IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

And here's some bonus pics looking out over the area from the hilltop.
IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

All for now, hope you enjoy the pics!

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Awesome looking pics. Got a couple questions though...where'd you get that hood scoop and what tires are you running on the 77? Both of which look kick azz.

The hood scoop came on the truck, so I'm not sure exactly of its origins. I do know that it used to be on a '81 Mustang that one of my friends has, but I don't think it was original on that car either. It is a Boss 429 style, like they used in '69, and it does have Ford stamped into the fiberglass, but I don't know if it is actually an "original" Boss 429 scoop (might be a repo). Sorry for the long-winded non-answer...'smiliedoh'

As for the tires, they are 36x12.5-16.5 Goodyear Wrangler R/T II's. These are the same tires used on military Humvee's. They are bias-ply and pretty much suck on the road, but they are great off-road, wear well, and are pretty cheap. My buddy paid under $400 for all 4 brand new. (He then gave them to me, since, as I mentioned, they suck on the road).

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah that scoop definitely gave off the muscle car feel...but I didn't want to mis-speak. I shoulda known those were the goodyear's...and I agree good offroad tire and cheap, but definitely suck on road.

They definitely have a vague feeling on the road, and combine with the vague 77 steering box, the street manners are very "interesting". Truck likes to wander a lot.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Either you're really short or those are RC trucks. There's nobody in them at least visible. Kidding great pics man.

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
Nice pictures Eric!! What part of western Pa? That's where I'm originally from,and my dad still lives there.

Blue Bomber

Tennessee Chapter member
nice pics man!!! i really like your truck. how was it in the snow??

Nice pictures Eric!! What part of western Pa? That's where I'm originally from,and my dad still lives there.

I live in Sarver, which is near Freeport, about 15mins south of Kittanning. Where were you originally from?

nice pics man!!! i really like your truck. how was it in the snow??

The truck did OK in the snow, much better than my bro's 02 did. There is a lot of ice mixed in with the snow due to the freezing rain we had, so it was slow-going, especially for how sick the motor is. More power would have helped greatly, since I had to stay in 1st gear low range just so it could plow through. My bro had to stay in the path I broke since his all-terrain tires couldn't quite get the grip he needed. I took my 05 up to the same spot today to see how it would do. It went much better, mostly due to the posi-rear and the ability to generate much more wheelspeed (and therefore momentum). The 05 isn't exactly stock either, with 35" BFG Mud Terrains and 4.56 gears. Once the 460 goes into the '77, it should be unstoppable. Also considering adding a rear locker (if funds allow).

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
I live in Sarver, which is near Freeport, about 15mins south of Kittanning. Where were you originally from?

I'm originally from Scenery Hill,which is just outside of Washington,Pa on route 40. I've got a cousin that lives in Kittanning,his last name is Lynn also.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts