Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Skank!!!

The left mounted license plate signals that it is an Ecoboost.

You could always do what Bonnie did with her Mustang......The '06 Mustang requires Drilling the bumper and screwing the plate to the bumper. Per her instructions (in bold) was for no holes to be drilled during PDI. The car is over 5 years old and has never had a front plate nor has she been stopped for same. Her pre-planned defense if she does get stopped is to tell the officer (as she shows then the un-mounted plate she carries) that she couldn't find a place to mount it. [confused]

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Awesome!

I'm really liking the grey-toned trim stuff- wheels, grille, lights, wheelwell moulding... that's one of the nicest looking current-gen trucks I've seen around.

You got a mile-long list of must-have accessories yet? :D

Steering is smooth as butter and very easy to maneuver.

Did they step up to a rack-and-pinion in these trucks? I couldn't believe the difference that made in the Rangers.

How do California license plates work? Are they like here, where they belong to the individual and are transferred to your new vehicle, or do Bertha's (I hate that name for such a nice truck) plate stay with her and new plates are issued for 'Kit'? There, I named your new truck for you. Of course that would make you the 'Night Rider'. :p

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like the licence plate is offset due to the intercooler location.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You got a mile-long list of must-have accessories yet? :D
Yup! Every one of them is a must-have :D

Did they step up to a rack-and-pinion in these trucks? I couldn't believe the difference that made in the Rangers.
I don't know if it's rack and pinion, I'll have to look. But I do know it's electronically assisted.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Alsooooo, fess up......On your first night as the owner of a new truck, how much sleep did you get and how many times did you go back down to the parking garage.......just because?
Hahaha I did go down after dinner and just sit in it by myself. Familiarized myself with the computer system, checked out all the seat controls, etc.

That reminds me-- I'm also really impressed by the 700W Sony Sound system. It sounds fantastic. My only complaint is that the stereo doesn't allow enough customization on the audio (only treb, bass, balance, and fade).

How do California license plates work? Are they like here, where they belong to the individual and are transferred to your new vehicle, or do Bertha's (I hate that name for such a nice truck) plate stay with her and new plates are issued for 'Kit'? There, I named your new truck for you. Of course that would make you the 'Night Rider'. :p
When you get a new truck you get new plates. If you have custom plates I believe you can transfer them.

Kit... Hmm...

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
She's got about 400 miles on her now and I'm still madly in love with this truck. It's truly my "dream truck" -- it's EXACTLY what I've always wanted and it's living up to my expectations.

Mileage-- seems like mixed highway and heavy stop and go city driving (running errands to stores, lots of stop lights and turns, etc), I can average about 16mpg. On the freeway when I was nearing 1/4 tank I was averaging 18-19mpg (freeway only). After filling up (from 1/4 tank it took just under 20 gal) I was averaging about 17mpg on the freeway. So I don't know if the computer was running a different program or just the added weight brought my average down, but I was pretty surprised by that. By the time I got home I was almost back up to 18mpg average since I filled up. And that's driving REAL carefully without using cruise control.

Needless to say-- I'm pretty happy with the mileage, and from what I'm reading it'll definitely go up. Most guys are saying that around 2500 miles (another claim is 80% Oil Life on the system check) suddenly the computer uses some type of different program (assuming that the engine is broken in by that point) and a lot of guys are gaining as much as 2.5mpg. If that's true, I'll be ecstatic.

Ride quality is unbelievable. Sucks up the bumps in the road real nice, but still stiff enough that you know it's a truck. Feels REALLY solid and safe.

Continuing to be impressed with the SYNC system. It's really well designed with the exception that it limits you from doing certain things while driving, such as typing in an address on the screen. I suppose it's for the better.

My only complaint right now is the exhaust... It makes no noise at all... It really sounds like a Honda Civic and it bothers me a lot more than I thought it would. I'm looking into getting some exhaust that'll give me just a little bit of sound but a real nice tone. If I go too loud then it's gonna sound ricey and I definitely don't want that. Bonus from new exhaust would also be to hear the turbos more :) I can't even tell you how awesome it feels to hear the turbos spool when you speed up to pass a car or power down an on-ramp. I friggin love it.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Congrats on the new purchase, Chris. Glad you're loving it as much as you are.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
that is a VERY nice truck!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Some more eye candy for you. I'll try and snap some interior pics later.

newtruck2.jpg

newtruck3.jpg

EDIT: That first picture makes the taillights look like they've got the silver surround like the 2010 models. They don't... It's a deceiving picture.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see two non-Fords in that second picture...I can't believe you'd subject your truck to invalids like that already...better hurry and wash the icky off. She sure does look slick though.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts