Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Show your Expy

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
How about y'all posting your Expy. Here is mine.

Last edited:
Here's our '97...@ 109,000 miles

Yes sir, it is 4x4, Cliff... It is a very early production Expedition. It was one of the very first two the dealership got in. My BIL bought it new, didn't like the way it drove and sold it to my FIL. We got it from my MIL after my FIL passed away... (hope you didn't get dizzy reading that mess smilieFordlogo )

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Yes sir, it is 4x4, Cliff... It is a very early production Expedition. It was one of the very first two the dealership got in. My BIL bought it new, didn't like the way it drove and sold it to my FIL. We got it from my MIL after my FIL passed away... (hope you didn't get dizzy reading that mess smilieFordlogo )

I actually understood it. I just got mine a month ago and was surprised it had the AWD option along with the 4X4 So now to find a couple of things for it. What does the AWD do exactly?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
AWD typically senses when power is needed to be transferred to the front and does it automatically....in 4WD...it is in all the time.
Kinda funny when you consider that M-H calls my truck AWD...and trust me, there is no automatic features..lol.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
AWD typically senses when power is needed to be transferred to the front and does it automatically....in 4WD...it is in all the time.
Kinda funny when you consider that M-H calls my truck AWD...and trust me, there is no automatic features..lol.

Thanks Duncan I will have to find a owners manual.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks Brad I will make a copy of this and keep it in my Expy as a just in case

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts